Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

@ Andy
    1/ if you know anything about lasers you should know the name Rupert Morse - lets just say he needs no introduction and his shows are legendary!
    2/ If you dont come then its clearly right what Andy T said about you.
    3/ I thought you loved your car - so surley the idea of spending 5 hours behind the wheel and enjoying being with it (her) would be like heaven. if its not you need to bin it off and get an Alfa.

Jem as you already know Im certainly in and would walk barefoot to be there (even before the posibility of our esteemed guest)

See ya in wakefield when ever it is.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    @ Andy
    1/ if you know anything about lasers you should know the name Rupert Morse - lets just say he needs no introduction and his shows are legendary!
    2/ If you dont come then its clearly right what Andy T said about you.
    3/ I thought you loved your car - so surley the idea of spending 5 hours behind the wheel and enjoying being with it (her) would be like heaven. if its not you need to bin it off and get an Alfa.

Jem as you already know Im certainly in and would walk barefoot to be there (even before the posibility of our esteemed guest)

See ya in wakefield when ever it is.

Rob
    1 - maybe im not as old as you lot

2 - and what did mr t say then?

3 - i do luv my car, its great for short journeys or round a track. but long journeys...
    if i brought an alfa then theres even less chance of me turning up.

just done a AA router planner thing and it says 3 hours 40mins so guess thats not a problem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Have no fear andy will be there , he just seems to like to pontificate ...no worries mate i have power ( 240v) in the back of my people carrier , you can mill away there to your hearts content

" I thought you loved your car - so surley the idea of spending 5 hours ...."
    Surely not ...surely this is a 3 hour MAX journey for andy ? on a good day I can do Glasgow
    to Dover in 7.5hrs ( Ok travelling through night ) Surely this aint that bad for Andy ?

Jem from the second i heard this idea of a dedicated SHOWLEM I loved it ...and its sounds like it getting better and better !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

O.K.

Thanks for the support. We now have ten on the list which makes the event viable. I'll get some provisional dates sorted out so we can decide which ones are the best.

Adam (Buffo), we'd love for you to come over here. If you can jump on a plane we can collect you from Manchester airport and you'd be welcome to stay at my home, so, no travel or accomodation costs, just the flight

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I was going to ask if a live performed show would be considered as appropriate for this meet but probably not as we can do that at the regular meets any way.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

what about a live lase off?
    After we have watched the good shows loads and 'we are the champions' once then we can have maybe an hour or so with just some random tunes thrown at us and the ones of us that do live shows can jam. Yes we do this at the normal meets but in a haphazard way so if all the projectors are in one place and set up nice from the beam shows it would look either fabulous or really rubbish (if we are crap)
    thoughts anyone?
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile I'm flattered!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Adam (Buffo), we'd love for you to come over here. If you can jump on a plane we can collect you from Manchester airport and you'd be welcome to stay at my home, so, no travel or accomodation costs, just the flight
    Wow - thanks Jem! That's an enticing offer! But honestly, I'm already scheduled to go on a cruise in July of next year, so spending another $1500 for me to fly to the UK is probably going to be vetoed by my better half.

Still, that's mighty generous of you... I promise I'll get my fat ass over there one of these days!
    After we have watched the good shows loads and 'we are the champions' once then we can have maybe an hour or so with just some random tunes thrown at us and the ones of us that do live shows can jam.
    We've always wanted to do this at SELEM, but we never seem to have time. One thing we did try one year was to select a piece of music ahead of time and have everyone practice doing a live laser show to that song. The idea was to have everyone perform the song live, and we'd all judge who was best. The winner was to get a booby prize of some sort, but in the end we couldn't make it happen. (Time... always time!)

Still, it's an idea that might work for you guys... (I'd like to try this next year at SELEM 2011 too.)

Adam

Adam, make it happen!
    We would have to return the gesture in due course mind. I'd LOVE to go to the USA; SELEM would be a good excuse to do so!

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Adam, make it happen!
    I swear it's on my to-do list, Dan. I *will* make it over there someday.

Adam

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

After we have watched the good shows loads and 'we are the champions' once then we can have maybe an hour or so with just some random tunes thrown at us and the ones of us that do live shows can jam. ......
    Yes please Mr Stan.
    But no mucking about.
    A proper show to a proper tune.
    All the way through with no false starts or second goes.

I'd even forego a door prize (if there are going to be any?) to be awarded to the best live laser jam.