View Poll Results: *read below* Should PL host a resource dedicated to safety and certification?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 69.23%
  • No

8 30.77%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on safety/certification information avilability on PL.

(Dons dog bite suit)

Personally I think this is a great idea that is doomed to fail for one simple reason:

There is not always a *right* answer for three reasons:

1) There are multiple right answers some of which are proprietary to the companies or individuals who came up with them

2) Sometimes the right answer depends on who you ask such as variations in enforcement from one EOS to another... from one CDRH staffer to another...

3) Sometimes there simply is no answer because the CDRH has refused to rule on the issue.

So what happens? Bickering and/or endless disagreement with no hope of resolution.

Remember you can do anything you want as long as CDRH approves of it or declines to disapprove it which means that there are multiple ways to approach radiation safety and many of them exist only within a complex framework that is not easily or properly communicated in this forum.

That, and I guess there is another reason which is that when I or someone in a similar position respond and say "hey you can't do that" we going to get jumped on for a commercial interest bias.

There is a reason that the entry barriers are high in this business.

I'll tell you what I'll do. As big of an asshole as I am, I've never given my word to anyone and not kept it. EVER.

I give my WORD that I will never post on this forum again for ANY reason if this resource is created and people put honest effort into it.

I know people here don't like me. I also don't care in the slightest. I think many of you are nothing more than jokes, and here is your opportunity to prove me wrong.

I've given my word. I think this needs to be done, and if that's what it takes it's no bother at all. I mean it,

X-Laser: thank you for confirming that there are entry barriers, I took tons of heat the first time I suggested the idea that things are kept so confusing and frustrating on purpose by the people who are "custodians of the art" so to speak. I was pretty sure I had it right.

Also, if safety/certification is not cut and dried, that is the reason for your problems. The black market will continue to thrive and take your business. I don't know how on earth you as an industry can't see that.

Also, commercial bias or not, if what you say is fact you should be able to back it up with a source.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 10-11-2010 at 17:17.

^Better get your reading glasses, brother.. there's a bit more involved yet. Nice of you to demonstrate the sincere effort that I'm sure the whole community shares!!

good try though, lil' gary..

I created it and I put honest effort into it. You didn't say how much. Now honor your end of the deal and STFU.

First off, I said "people", that's plural. I'll be the judge of "honest effort".. it's my terminology, and it's my deal. I'm serious about this. I want to see either a proper resource created, or I want to see the satisfaction of knowing that there is no real inclination to do anything about what I just argued with people about for two days. Passions were so high, surely someone means business, right?

I'll just ignore you. Problem solved and I don't have to put any more "honest effort" into it.

There you go! What a brilliant mind..

Ahh, I see we have two posts..

*EFs fading a little.. fading away... but just a little......... fading..... back again... fading..... back again... well, gonna need a little more effort I think.

LOL!!!! you guys will never really do anything about this.. mark my words. You'll sit with your buddies and carry on about how much it sucks, but god forbid anything really get done. You'll go on and on about how it's all EFs (and everyone else's) fault because that's what you all do. Don't you think I might be an asshole on purpose? Don't you think it might all be to prove a point? Once I figured the funny little "insider" game out here, it was all gravy after that. Not much of a stretch to be an asshole, and I'm well past the "take it or leave it" stage. Hell, every word in this thread was placed purposefully to make a point: That people here talk a big game online when other people aren't afraid to speak out with alternate views and thoughts, but when it comes time to really do what it takes to see to it that the public is as well-educated as possible, there's nothing there but air, Gary making jokes and a couple people spouting off their version of *fact*, whatever that may be. Certainly not a resource with verifiable information, kept factual for the benefit of the public.

fading................ fading......... just...............a................little........ .............more...... effort......... put..........that.............money......where.... ..............yo................mouth.........is.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    X-Laser: thank you for confirming that there are entry barriers, I took tons of heat the first time I suggested the idea that things are kept so confusing and frustrating on purpose by the people who are "custodians of the art" so to speak. I was pretty sure I had it right.

Also, if safety/certification is not cut and dried, that is the reason for your problems. The black market will continue to thrive and take your business. I don't know how on earth you as an industry can't see that.
    That's not what I said man. I said that there were entry barriers as in lots of paperwork and regulation. I was not in any way alluding to a conspiracy because there really isn't one.

The reason that the black market is taking domestic sales is because people who are either ignorant of the rules or feel entitled to break them keep buying them. It has really nothing at all to do with complexity of regulation.