Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting quad 445 beam to fit on something ??

I,m curieus what other people think of having a pbs in the quadsetup with the the combination of the telescope as shown in the picture from the RGB lasersystems module from wondertwnz. Could anyone share his thoughts on using the PBS

Default beams

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I,m curieus what other people think of having a pbs in the quadsetup with the the combination of the telescope as shown in the picture from the RGB lasersystems module from wondertwnz. Could anyone share his thoughts on using the PBS
    what's there to think ?. all i see is that its going to produce a nice super tight beam
    maybe thats why kvant do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    what's there to think ?. all i see is that its going to produce a nice super tight beam
    maybe thats why kvant do the same thing
    Excactly, thats what I will be using also in my new RGB's. kvive edge and PBS together to get the best beam specs. 600mW of red with a 2,5mm beam and 0,8mRad. No way i will be spilling any precious red on my galvo mirrors

Default Telescpoes

OK so anyone have a good source for these Telescopes. Hard to find for 445 and with a large enough entrance beam from what I found.
    Larry

I can get the "Arctos" style telescopes with a broadband AR coating, but what price are you willing to pay.
    there are mostly hobbyists on this forum who are not willing to pay more than 50USD for a telecope. If you are looking in this price range you have to look further.

I also don't understand why you want to use a telescope. you want to shrink your fat beam with a telecope of 200 USD because you have taken cheap lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I can get the "Arctos" style telescopes with a broadband AR coating, but what price are you willing to pay.
    there are mostly hobbyists on this forum who are not willing to pay more than 50USD for a telecope. If you are looking in this price range you have to look further.

I also don't understand why you want to use a telescope. you want to shrink your fat beam with a telecope of 200 USD because you have taken cheap lenses?
    Mostly just trying to learn of all of my options. and even with better lens I may want to improve the beam in some situations for other builds. $200 would not be bad if it means I can get them on existing scanners in a system that has 6210 and only 3mm Mirrors. that way I do not have to change the scanners. So I guess just want to know for possibilities,
    If I could get some of the 405-G-2 everyone speaks so highly of I would but they are not currently available. How much better beam are we talking about over the O-Like or Aixiz half threads. I have not been able to find anything on the beam quality just power output.
    Thanks
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwnz View Post
    Mostly just trying to learn of all of my options. and even with better lens I may want to improve the beam in some situations for other builds. $200 would not be bad if it means I can get them on existing scanners in a system that has 6210 and only 3mm Mirrors. that way I do not have to change the scanners. So I guess just want to know for possibilities,
    If I could get some of the 405-G-2 everyone speaks so highly of I would but they are not currently available. How much better beam are we talking about over the O-Like or Aixiz half threads. I have not been able to find anything on the beam quality just power output.
    Thanks
    Larry

Hi I bought one from Will a short time ago, and the only thing he didn't have was the holders with 9mm 0.5 thread which you can get from aixiz (with plastic lenses that you could use for RED or just discard).

Not every one speaks so highly of them however, and as "logsquared" pointed out you have to accept larger divergence if you want a tighter initial beam and that is just what the 405-G-2 is going to give you if you do not correct it slightly after the combining.

If you have the space you might try his flexible mirror setup which certainly seems like a good idea to me since it's adjustment does not increase the initial beam diameter. Also they can adapt to different lens setups. In fact I should buy a couple myself if he still has some in stock.

Just one question! How come you only have 3.4w if you are combining 4 x 445nm diodes, it seems you could afford more losses if you upped their power a bit and cooled them with TECs.

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 10-19-2010 at 11:54. Reason: booze again

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Just one question! How come you only have 3.4w if you are combining 4 x 445nm diodes, it seems you could afford more losses if you upped their power a bit and cooled them with TECs.

Cheers
    That is what I thought about the 405-G-2 Lens from what I saw. This is not really better for my application as I need the lower divergence in the large Hall I am using them. some beams are over 200' throw to wall.

I assume only the 3.4W due to losses in the Knife edge and PBS (These are from CT Laser right now and he said to expect around 15-20% loss) I have some of the broadbands on order and when they get in I will probably get a increase. Everyone is pushing TEC cooling but I just have it on a large heat sink as space was not really a concern. The heat sink is 9" x 12" x 1.5" with 24 fins and a nice thick top plate. I have run them fro quite a while and the temp seems pretty stable around 85 degrees which from what I have read is fine.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

what he said.

Also you must keep the beam below 4mm in diameter, everything bigger is useless and a waste of precious laser as with normal scanners the all beams above 4mm are spilled over teh galvo mirrors when scanned.
    You get smaller divergence using the fatter beam. Then you buy bigger galvos. That's what I did, and it works very nicely. Bonus: reduces chances of setting fire to things.

I am using Eyemagic scanners with 9.5mm aperture.