Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FYI: Tamper resistant fasteners in new XJ-A130 projectors!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Why XJ-A130 ? .............. and not XJ-A140
    Because they contain exactly the same diodes for a lower projector price.

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Because they contain exactly the same diodes for a lower projector price.
    From the markings on case blocks haven;t most people decided the 140's are graded higher than the 130's?
    leading in trailing technology

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    From the markings on case blocks haven't most people decided the 140's are graded higher than the 130's?
    The diodes are driven with a higher current in the A140, that's about it.
    The myth that they are supposed to be better was created solely by users of this forum.

This post has been removed by the author. It remains only in the memories of those who already read it...
    Last edited by mpoulton; 10-28-2010 at 17:36.

if anyone knows the proper power output of the xja-140..could you please PM it to me? im having a hard time trying to find solid data on the voltage and current going to the laser diode array..some say its 32v other say its 28.5..if anyone knows and could help.id greatly appreciate it.

thanks
    Keith.

I have a scope capture of the current output from an XJ-A130 up on my website at http://www.krazerlasers.com/lasers/445nm/ There is no fixed output from the driver board, it is driven by a current source. Typical voltages in operation are about 30v, however the driver board will put out 20-35 volts (maybe a little more, but it will stress the rest of the projector components if it doesn't shut off immediately) depending on the load you connect. The current peaks at 1.44A, and runs at 1.22A for a period of time, which I believe is during the green generation part of the output.

KRAZER

so the current shifts according to which color is being pulsed? stands to reason,each one have a different power need and load placed on the system ,the lasers,the red led,the phosphor wheel,although this is not a light source it still acts as one.
    now would all these numbers be slightly higher or the same for the xj-a140?
    20-35 volts good i can use that the current is also where i was hoping it would be,now just gotta harness it safely somehow. would it be possiable to come straight off the driver board or power supply to power an alternate light soruce? instead of fiddleing around ith resistors and diodes and all the trial and error?

thanks for answering i appreciate it very much.

Keith.
    Last edited by kobra000; 10-23-2011 at 22:34.

This thread reminds me of a previous experience with an old IBM computer monitor I wished to modify for an XY audio display. Back in the day, IBM detested anyone 'tampering' with 'their' products. To that end the Torx fasteners had reverse threads, unscrewing clockwise. Just something to consider when new challenges present themselves.