Thread: Thought about it...bought supplies

Default Thought about it...bought supplies

I was really wanting to become better educated in holography and try my hand at it this winter. I have purchased parts, lasers{SLM},some optics and posts, and a few other bits needed to get my feet wet and now this. Oh the joy of lasering never ceases to keep me ready to pull what's left of my hair out. I guess that is why I like so much as well. There is another major disappointment...but I do not have permission as yet to discuss it.
    Last edited by Admin; 10-30-2010 at 05:52.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Holography's a great way to play with laser light, especially when using many object lighting beams. Use three colors and the system can get very complex and very neat to work with. Lots of alignment, mounting, adjustment and beam routing challenges. Manipulation of polarization, beam qualities like shape and intensity, and big mirrors. Basic photochemistry easy to do at home, especially when the end result will be a laser lit transmission hologram (and we ALL have the lasers to light them with!).

HeHe... You go for it Mike

I for one will look forward to reading about your venture into holography. Any questions/problems don't hesitate to ask and i'm sure someone else will answer them . Seriously though, if I can help I will although i've still got soooo much to learn.

All the best

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

When you can, please post what you accomplish. Maybe the before, during and after? I would love to watch how you did everything. Thanks!

OK will share some pix... I have red , green , and blue SLM units at the ready. Most are under 10mw...should be enough to keep me occupied for a while. The optics collection is another thing...mounts, posts, brackets....never enough things to do what needs to be done it seems. I have decided to begin the setup at my parent's basement...they are retired and would not adjust things for me. My dad was into photography some years ago with a darkroom and all the bits and chemicals...should be an asset to have another interested. I have a line on a decent platform to set up on if I can get hold of it....granite inspection table top from a machine shop QC dept. Still collecting things as time and funds allow.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich