Thread: A Recent Home holography Project

Default A Recent Home holography Project

Here's a description of a home holography project I recently did. It was inspired by Colin Kaminski's Holography Forum that just folded, and I thought I'd post it here to show how easy holography can be at home. Especially when you already have some serious laser equipment laying about. Forget the big heavy table! Forget the expensive lasers!

https://sites.google.com/site/bobspu...oncrete-canyon

Bob, I can only see one of the photo's, the one on the top right showing the lamp, magnifier and hologram. All the rest just show up as a red square with a red cross in the middle.

A nice interesting read though, thanks for posting.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Sorry for the pic weirdness. I just reloaded all of them. Hope they come up now.

Thanks Bob, that's better I can see all the pic's now. Any chance of a close up of the fiinal hologram?

Nice hologram though and nice write up as well .

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Here's a close-up of the hologram. It's about three inches deep. You can see the spider over to the right. The undistorted angle of view is huge, and you can look down the individual cracks from different angles. There's an old Brewster window laying in there that has a fingerprint on it that's visible when viewed along the specular reflection.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete Canyon Detail.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	761.9 KB 
ID:	20688

Nice

I reckon that spider must have been dead

Jem

He wasn't there when I loaded the plate because he'd run back into the crack when I approached. After I saw him in the image the first time, I went in slowly with a flashlight and caught him out hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Nice

I reckon that spider must have been dead

Jem
    Might have been just "playing dead" especially when some maniac is shooting laser beams at him...LOL

Very fine complete project...thanks for the post ............ brilliant !

Cheers

PS.
    Glad to hear the spider survived ! But that magnifying glass must something special if you were able to to distinguish that "he" wasn't a "she" !
    Last edited by catalanjo; 11-01-2010 at 06:40. Reason: Sex

Yes, thank you for the reposting of the pic, I can see it much better now. Very cool-thanks for sharing.

Neat topic of choice...would love to see it in person. Now if I could just hit the Lotto and stay in a huge room and play with lasers all day.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich