Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Front surface mirrors are go

Simon

mmm about 120 sold so far .... could take a long while to get to 500 .... might be worth getting a back up price for 200/300

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    I should've mentioned the lead time is one month to me from whenever the order goes in, I get them back out to people either same day or next.
    The plan is to get some 10x20mm ones as well as 10x10 and I'll ask about thinner mirrors that would be good for galvos and see what they say, also about performance at angles >45 degrees

Thanks Simon, I am sure lots of other audience scanning "swiss rollers" will be most grateful.

No hurry for me, I am sure more people will jump in.....
    Thinner is better.......for mirrors.....but fatter is safer .....for beams! ... IMHO

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 11-04-2010 at 03:04. Reason: Breakfast

15 for me please.

Ok we're heading in the right direction numbers wise, I have more interest than shown in this thread and I have talked the manufacturer into a smaller qty too so am getting the trigger finger warmed up and ready to pull

To answer some questions:
    I have been told 2MW/CM squared damage threshold @ 532nm (note, capital M) - sounds a lot to me but wtf do I know
    Reflective performance drops off to about 93% at 60 degrees AOI, but without any data from other galvo mirrors I'm not sure if this is good or bad..
    They can do galvo mirrors of 6x11x.8 or 7x12x.8 with small corner chamfers and the same mirror coating, these will be about £10 per set

Wouldnt 2 mega watts vaporise the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Ok we're heading in the right direction numbers wise, I have more interest than shown in this thread and I have talked the manufacturer into a smaller qty too so am getting the trigger finger warmed up and ready to pull

To answer some questions:
    I have been told 2MW/CM squared damage threshold @ 532nm (note, capital M) - sounds a lot to me but wtf do I know
    Reflective performance drops off to about 93% at 60 degrees AOI, but without any data from other galvo mirrors I'm not sure if this is good or bad..
    They can do galvo mirrors of 6x11x.8 or 7x12x.8 with small corner chamfers and the same mirror coating, these will be about £10 per set
    Thanks Simon thats brilliant!
    I will probably take eight of the thin (7 x 12 x 0.8mm) ones as well as ten of the others. (would have preferred 8 x 13 x 0.8)
    How does reflection drop off in the other direction eg. 120 degrees ?
    What colour and polarization compared to the angle is the 93%@60degrees drop off?

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 11-05-2010 at 11:07. Reason: thick,wide ,long, etc.

I'll take 2 sets of both sizes of galvo mirrors.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR;
    Wouldnt 2 mega watts vaporise the mirror?
    I wish I was equipped to test that theory
    It does sound high to me and I have asked the manu to check and let me know, even specifically high power YAG mirrors were only (only.. meh) about 1.5MW/cm IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo;
    How does reflection drop off in the other direction eg. 120 degrees ?
    What colour and polarization compared to the angle is the 93%@60degrees drop off?
    At 120 degrees won't the beam then be on the back of the mirror - and the galvo shaft in 2 or more pieces?
    I asked about the losses at 60 degrees AOI because it equates to scanning at the outer edge of 30 degrees full angle scanning, I think?
    In any event this information is about as much use as a coal powered frog violin in the absence of any other meaningful data to compare it with

We will be in for say 50, if they can handle lots of photons
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

10 please.

15 characters.