Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Front surface mirrors are go

Hi Buffo, I agree with you thicker mirrors are better.

But if they don't fit we have a problem.

If I remember well the Scanpro/sonima and laserworld 50k have a 0,7mm slot in the galvo. this is a problem with 0,8 mirrors

Smile

If the slot is too thin, you *might* be able to widen it with a dremel wheel if you are *very* careful...

Of course, thicker slots shouldn't be a problem, as the glue will hold the mirrors in place no matter what.

Adam

Hi Buffo, an interesting post.

I then question why Dragon Tech rate the DT's at different max scan rates based on the mirror size.

It makes sense however, when you state the mirror weight as inconsequential. Perhaps the surface area comes in to play (air resistance)?
    This space for rent.

It could be that the larger mirrors resonate more, which is why they need to be run slower (to limit the resonance). I'm just guessing though.

If you've ever seen a set do this, you'll know it immediately. The images look all wiggly - almost blurry - and its *everywhere* in the scanned image.

Now that I think about it though, if you had a set of DT-40's with the wider mirrors, it might be interesting to add some epoxy to the back and see if you could run them faster afterward...

Adam

The big mirror DT's (well, the ones I have here) use .8mm thick mirrors which is only slightly smaller than the CT ones I measured the other day when looking at this, and I think being quite thick it's likely they will not need epoxy to stiffen them.
    The 7mm mirror DT's perform really well actually and looked pretty much identical to the smaller mirror brothers with ILDA test patterns at narrow angles. The only time you ever notce the difference with them side by side a smaller mirror set is the slightly reduced performance at fast and wide scans, but you do have to be looking.
    My guess for the slightly lower performance spec is because the galvo coil protection has a tendancy to kick in on the big mirror versions when wide scanning and the tuning wound up too far.

hello mr p1t8ull

can i change my order from 7pc 10x10 to 9pc 10x10 and 2pc 10x20 ??

Simon,

can you please add 8 of the 10 x 20 to my order, give me an ok and I'll PP you the dif. of 41,6.

Thanks, last change, promise!

Cheers.

Ah, what's next, a GB for low loss projector windows, or RGB dicros sets maybe?

i think he is working on a waveplate

but the window you mention does look like a very very good idea (and easier than what he has done so far)

Hi Mr. Mirror! :-)

I want to order some sets:

Steering mirrors:
    2 -> 10x10x2mm: £4.40 GBP each
    2 -> 10x20x2mm: £5.20 GBP each

Galvo mirrors:
    2 pair -> 6x11x.7mm: £8.00 GBP per pair

So it is 35,20£

How can i pay?

Best regards
    Thomas

Sorry I missed the updates to this thread

Please add 2 sets of 7 x 12 galvo table tennis bat mirros to my order please.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.