Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Front surface mirrors are go

Default d-lay

Been informed of a delay on shipping these mirrors out to me and I'm told they will be sent on Friday and should get to me early next week.

Sorry chaps, its out of my hands

I have seven dwarf customers here that are desperate for their vanity mirrors.

Guess I'll just have to pick away at my mirror ball again
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

The mirrors are on target for delivery early next week, UK guys may be lucky and get them before Crimblemuss.
    Really sorry if this delay scuppers anyones holiday build/play plans (or the 7 dwarfs go out less than perfectly groomed) but its totally out of my hands

One small problemette with the order that doesn't affect most people.. For whatever reason there are 5 less sets of 7x12 galvo mirrors than ordered, this hits 2 people I'm afraid, Philip_Janssen and Kl79 have not yet paid so you guys have the option of taking 6x11 mirrors instead or going without.
    I'm 5 sets over order on the 6x11 so can only guess the factory chipped a few 7x12 blanks so re-ground them smaller..

I'm sorry but I did not understand your sentence..

5 7x12 mirrors are missing ? ok

And why do you said " Kl79 have not yet paid "...??? I have paid few month ago

And I don't need enough 6x11 as I have already take 4 sets
    Last edited by kl79; 12-18-2010 at 02:39.

kl, PM sent to sort this out

And, all my apologize..I have not paid..I think I have...but no...
    I will see it with Pit8ull by PM
    Last edited by kl79; 12-18-2010 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Been informed of a delay on shipping these mirrors out to me and I'm told they will be sent on Friday and should get to me early next week.

Sorry chaps, its out of my hands

Hi Simon ....Glad we arranged the "hold" in time for the "dlay" ...
    Just managed to squeeze out of UK before the the snow .. phew..
    ... but Spain has got COOOOLD as well while I was away....so much for global warming

Thanks for all this

Cheers

Default snow slow snow slow snow slow

Well the mirrors are creeping along after the snow (or more accurately our London airports inability to cope with it) has caused further delays.
    They appear to be in Germany at the moment so at least in Europe, we just need them to make that final push now

Well after manufacturing and bad weather delays the mirrors finally arrived, the good news is they look good with really clean cut edges, but (and there is a but) I ran a few quick tests to check them out before dispatch and found a problem.

Basically these are excellent reflectors at 532nm and 640nm, but performance at 445nm was down to an unacceptable ~91%, working with the manufacturer I did a few more tests and there appears to be an absorption problem in the blue region, even 473nm is not reflected as highly as the figures suggest it should be.

The good news is the reason why this slipped through the net has been identified and the manufacturer is going to address this and deliver mirrors that do perform to specification. I am confident they can as the 640nm test I did showed them to out-perform the best broadband reflecting front surface mirror I have seen to date.
    The bad news is that this obviously causes a further delay, although I am promised they will do everything they can to expedite this.

I can only apologise for this shit of a situation and offer anyone that wants to back out a full refund, please drop me a message and I'll sort it out for you.

If you are waiting on PBS's from me along with your mirrors (and I think a set of prisms for someone as well) let me know if you want them and I'll get them in the post asap.

Sincerest apologies once again
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Damn that,s quite nasty as i ordered a big amount. Well i have to think wich road i,m going to take as i was planning to use them for my blue and Red modules.

Simon could you give me final results reflecting red and green?