Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Front surface mirrors are go

Hi Somin, I'm sorry to hear this, It will give you allot of headache with this massive goupbuy.

Of the mirrors for red and green are perfect, isn't it a idea to ship the mirrors for everyone who will use them with red and green.

I think less than 20% of all the mirrors in this groupbuy will be used for blue, as blue diodes are 8x as powerfull as red diodes.

If the Company who made the mistake supply you with lets say 150 mirrors (25% of the order) suitable for 445nm, and supply us afterwards with those mirrors, I think we all are happy.

Just an idea.

I rather have 2 different mirrors with R>99% than a broadband mirror with 97% reflection

I'm waiting to find out if the manufacturer will need the old mirrors back and we can go from there. These should be >99% reflective at all wavelengths we are interested in, that was the tech spec provided and agreed.

A power plot for these vs a known good mirror of >98% at 640nm, the start readings are a bit skewed but overall the new mirrors were as good or better than the high quality one they were compared with:

A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

For my sake I have no problem waiting. I would prefer that all mirrors perform equal though. I do a lot of experimentation which means the mirrors get swaped around a lot.

don't worry mate, i know you always do your best. i am in no hurry for the mirrors. i prefer to have a nice all around mirror with a bit more waiting time

cheers!
    "its called character briggs..."

I'm happy to wait.

Sorry you had to deal with this on a group buy. Thanks for testing and yes I will gladly wait for everything I have order.

Thanks for your understanding guys.

The mirrors have been sent back and the manufacturer is going to replace them with ones that meet specification as quickly as possible, I'll let you know the minute I get an ETA

I have heard back from the manufacturer today, they have been working with the coating lab trying to rectify the problem with the mirrors performance at lower wavelengths, but after testing it seems they were unsuccessful in their efforts and have decided the only way to deliver the goods is for them to re-make the entire run.
    This means two things:

1. To achieve better than 99% reflectivity at 45 degrees the spec of the mirror coating will now be 420nm-700nm rather than the original specification of 380nm-700nm, sub 420nm performance is not guaranteed and I would guess 405nm will be awful.
    2. They are working overtime trying to get them all finished and sent to me in 11 days before a public holiday happens there, if they don't manage to get them all finished they will send me whatever they have done and the rest will follow later in February. Anticipating that they will not get them all made in time, please let me know if you need them asap and I'll send them out in order of requestor.

I apologise once again for the delay and thank you for your patience while this is being fixed.

No problem Simon, beyond that I dont have any 405nm on the agenda..

Cheers!

No worries Simon, thanks for the heads up.

China does indeed break in the next week, with most plants shutting down over the next few days. Not your problem, but thanks for your efforts.
    This space for rent.