Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wiring help?

Quote Originally Posted by dazebtwn View Post
    Andy you have it wired schematically correct, but the mechanical connection of the lasorbs to the diodes is too far away. They want to be a close as possible, as the data sheet outlines, "no greater than one centimeter".

from the LASORB_L44-208-X.pdf
    CONNECTING LASORB TO THE LASER DIODE
    LASORB is connected directly to the terminals of a laser diode. The LDA terminal is connected to the
    Laser Diode Anode, and the LDK terminal is connected directly to the Laser Diode Cathode. LASORB
    should be connected as closely as possible to the laser diode – certainly no greater than one centimeter
    away, thus preventing stray inductance in between the laser diode and the ESD protection means.

Remove the wires and solder them direct to the diode terminals. Then rewire the diodes in series. You can refer to this thread for the "forward voltage" considerations of diodes in series.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...tion-conundrum...
    yes i know .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up

Hi Andy

I have 4 LD in series and it work.(your diagram is OK).
    Volts of the PSU?
    For blue at least 10V is ok for 2

IMHO
    ED

voltage turned up and we have power
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Your wiring looks correct Andy.

Are you absolutely sure the diode polarity is correct at each diode?

Though if one diode is lighting, that indicates a short in the other, either in the lasorb or the diode.

BTW it is ok to have a small interconnect between the diode and the zorb, so long as the interconnect loop cable is out of harm's way when the module is completed.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Law99 View Post

Thats from the Lasorb website... I am pretty confident my diagram is correct!
    It doesn't matter which comes "first" though because they both have both contacts in common.