Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holographic TV Anyone?

Default Holographic TV Anyone?

Just seen this on Dvice...

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/11/could-holograph.php

Wow!, now that's how to make holograms

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Jem, Will you be demo'ing this at the ShowLem?

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Jem, Will you be demo'ing this at the ShowLem?
    Hmmm... I wish

Pulsed recording at 50Hz. Wow, just Wow!
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Pure marketing hype. At the end of the day it will still be a holographic stereogram with all the drawbacks of those. How many have one of those in their homes? I really hate the advertising industry. Unethical, lazy and stupid writers writing maliciously hyperbolic drivel, and the masses eat it up with a spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Pure marketing hype.
    Yep, fair enough Bob. But, surely being able to produce a pulsed hologram in the manner as is shown in the second video is cool, don't you think?

...I really hate the advertising industry. Unethical, lazy and stupid writers writing maliciously hyperbolic drivel, and the masses eat it up with a spoon
    O.K., maybe i'm gullible too, but I like to read about different and emerging technologies, and i'm sure others here are the same. Just accept it for what it is, an interesting article.

Don't quite know what's happened to you Bob, you always used to come across as a pretty positive sort of guy, but recently something's happened to you. Don't quite know what it is but I, and i'm sure others will have have noticed that the tone of your on line persona has moved towards the negative.

I hope everything's o.k. with you, take a deep breath and relaaaaaax

Yeah, sorry about that. It IS a neat material, but I'm just really tired of the over-hyping of things. Politicians, new laser products, pseudo-holograms, the project I'm working on right now that I know to be fatally flawed technically, my back (had to drag a Sabre Fred with a dead magnet into the corner yesterday), the house, .......

Naw ..... probably just need to get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Naw ..... probably just need to get laid.
    Yep, definately a good stress buster

I think its got a few years to go yet. I certainly wouldn't swop my 2D tv for that picture. That said, it looks very interesting. One for the future maybe.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

When Stephen Benton did the actual 3D "TV" experiment that blew that "above device" out of the water it needed a dozen AOs, lots of scanning hardware and a Cray supercomputer for the rendering.

Amazing how fast folks forget.

Steve

Hey Steve

A bit of Googling turned this up...

http://people.csail.mit.edu/wojciech/3DTV/3DTV.pdf

Am I correct in assuming this is what you are talking about?, interesting stuff.

Jem