Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For the record..

I'll "feel the love" only when Daguin is removed from "moderator" at LPF and my home computer is unbanned from there, as the reason it was banned was unfair and unethical.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    I'll "feel the love" only when Daguin is removed from "moderator" at LPF and my home computer is unbanned from there, as the reason it was banned was unfair and unethical.
    Eidetic, google "fifty cent party"

Steve

I love all of you. If anyone gets butt hurt from this thread, come to me and i'll coddle you.

Um...."butt hurt" ????

I'm just trying to figure out what "butt hurt" implies.

Thanks Steve! That's exactly the reason for my banning. Because I joined a discussion about the unethical and unfair reputation system there, in the appropriate section, right after Daguin was made a "moderator", as retribution for my writing against his becoming one. That's the entire reason. Vindictive asshole, unable and therefore unwilling to discuss it. Subscribed here only after I started ragging on him to attempt to improve his "rep" here. Butts in on EVERYTHING there, rackin' up >11K posts (waaay more than anyone else) with very little to add beyond "me too" and "you're wrong". He's the reason experienced people are shuffled away.

I will repeat a bit of advice I posted "there" many times with little effect.

Life is short. Build a bridge and move on.

The first three words above appear straight forward. Believe me when I say that just about everyone realizes this when it is too late.

It's just the Internet people... "Meat space" is where it is at.
    This space for rent.

I appreciate your thought Dnar and please don't take offense in this as it's not directed toward you, but the blissninny phrase "it's all good" doesn't apply when a malicious power-tripper has weaseled his way into a position of influence by stacking the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    I appreciate your thought Dnar and please don't take offense in this as it's not directed toward you, but the blissninny phrase "it's all good" doesn't apply when a malicious power-tripper has weaseled his way into a position of influence by stacking the deck.
    No offense taken. You will have to try much harder to offend me.

I never quoted "its all good" however....? Why not move on? You have the choice to reside where you wish on the net.

A good piece of advice once offered by a prior boss of mine: do not let your circle of concern exceed your circle of influence...
    Last edited by dnar; 11-18-2010 at 07:46.
    This space for rent.

The reason I don't "move on" is because this forum, like the holography forums, is application based. LPF is not. It's about lasers per say, not "pointers" as the obsolete title suggests. "Pointers" are low powered lasers used to highlight or indicate something. There isn't a forum for that application because there's nothing to discuss about it. The discussion there is about Class 3b and now Class 4 lasers that happen to be handheld (mostly), and all the other superfluous crap the "Other" section and "Rep" system dredges up. But the main, real interest there amongst the members is lasers.

I'm interested in lasers. The POS I rail against and his clique of cackling idiots is standing in the door, belligerently blocking it and preventing others with good intentions from entering (and only because they disagree with the belligerence encountered at the door). Ever see the movie "Roadhouse"? I'm not Dalton, just like the music and should be able to get a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    do not let your circle of concern exceed your circle of influence...
    Ohh that's good. I like that quote.

@Eidetic
    There is no such thing as power on the internet. It's just the internet. If your getting upset over something that happens on your computer screen, it's time to take a break. This holds true whether it's a computer game, or a forum.

Just like in life and all public places, if you don't like the people who frequent it, don't go there. It only makes you look bad if you spend all your time talking about how much you hate it.

I've only got a post count in the teens here because I simply do not find PL a user-friendly place, and that's perfectly okay. I don't get upset about not getting along with some members here, I simply go to another public forum. I can play elsewhere and it removes all conflict I may have with PL users. This method works GREAT.
    I can focus on PLAYING with lasers and leave any drama behind. You won't see me randomly posting threads on LPF that flame the PL users for being mean to me and on a power-trip because they've worked in the laser field for 39 years and I just play with them for fun.

Love you, Matthew Ohrenberg