Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues connection to QM.net

PM send, please contact me or Pangolin and we will help you out!

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

So I talked to someone at Pangolin and he said it should be working fine and to try an external USB network card. I went out picked one up and it did the same thing as my internal LAN card. I get received data traffic but none is sent out.

Next I tried a dual boot of Win XP and 7. It took me over a day to get it all done but Win XP is working side by side now with Win 7. BUT I STILL can't connect to the QM2000.net !! Now I get received and sent network traffic but it is only a few bites here and there.

I'm lost, maybe its something to do with my QM2000, maybe it has problems.

take a strait lan cable,
    hook it up to the ld2000.net

change your ip adress of your pc to 192.168.0.1
    subnetmask 255.255.0.0

Power up the ld2000.net

start the program C:\LD2000\Network\QM2000NET_Config.exe

Find the Qm2000.net, change the ip to something unique in your network.
    For example, if your router is 192.168.1.1,
    change your ld2000.net to 192.168.1.78 subnetmask 255.255.255.0.

Bill Benner mentioned something in another thread about a patch for Windows 7 networking that was required if you were using a .net box. Are you sure you've installed that patch?

For the record, this is an issue that several Pangolin users have reported. We even saw it first-hand on the ILDA cruise. There is an issue with the way Windows 7 handles networking. It's very different from WinXP, and it breaks a lot of things, including Pangolin's .net architecture.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    take a strait lan cable,
    hook it up to the ld2000.net

change your ip adress of your pc to 192.168.0.1
    subnetmask 255.255.0.0

Power up the ld2000.net

start the program C:\LD2000\Network\QM2000NET_Config.exe

Find the Qm2000.net, change the ip to something unique in your network.
    For example, if your router is 192.168.1.1,
    change your ld2000.net to 192.168.1.78 subnetmask 255.255.255.0.
    I can't see the QM2000.net from my computer so none of the Applications will run.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Bill Benner mentioned something in another thread about a patch for Windows 7 networking that was required if you were using a .net box. Are you sure you've installed that patch?
    Yes I installed it. The patch for Win 7 is to fix a performance issue and doesn't have anything to do with being able to connect to the Qm2000.

Now that I have an install of Win XP and I can't connect to the QM2000 still, I'm lost. I may have to send it in to Pangolin. But now this is going to start costing money and I just bought it off ebay... So I have to contact the seller to see what we need to do.

Remove the qm2000 from its .net enclosure.

Place it in a normal computer with an PCI slot.

Will the machine boot?
    And if it does, can you install the driver and check if you can use the ld2000 suite?

If it works, you need to contact pangolin with the above information, cause maybe something is wrong with your .net

Will the machine boot?
    And if it does, can you install the driver and check if you can use the ld2000 suite?

If it works, you need to contact pangolin with the above information, cause maybe something is wrong with your .net
    I don't have a PC, only my laptop. I can borrow one tomorrow and try this out though.

Will the machine boot?

Before you do this - opening something that the seller may not want you to open - see if the .net will work with the pc that you were planning on fitting it to. So get the pc that you say you are going to borrow and install the ld2000 software, then see if that machine will talk to it without doing any upgrades or updates - ie simulate what you did with your laptop. If this works then you know its a comms issue between your laptop and the QM. Howeer dont assume that if it doesnt work its faulty until you know the network side is all good. If you dont understand what the people above are talking about in respect of the networking - get someone to help you who does know what a gateway and a subnet is or you could go round and round for ever.
    If you can borrow a machine with XP on and see if that works its easier to do the network stuff on xp than vista or 7 though there is no reason why these shouldnt work ok but as Adam says there are issues with 7 it seems.
    Then only then consider taking the card out - and I would make sure the seller is ok with this esp. after your statement of 'But now this is going to start costing money and I just bought it off ebay... So I have to contact the seller to see what we need to do' as he may not agree to anything if you take it appart!
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Before you do this - If you can borrow a machine with XP on and see if that works... Rob

After you try the patch Adam is taling about...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hmm he says hes installed a patch but maybe not the one Adam was eluding to....
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk