Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 635nm C mount diode GB 10 slots available round one

Default OK

This GB will terminate this afternoon. Period. Junktronix... the beam from the laser diode is corrected via a FAC lens installed by the manu and is not collimated as it divergence is 8*x 8* off the diode....a single asphere will collimate the beam from there. As I have stated this diode will produce a much better beam than the wider strip I have on hand for testing. Please let me know if you wish to be added to the list before the order PO is placed. The ones that have signed up I sincerely hope that you are indeed ready to send funds and get this under way. Andy...this is not 660nm...it is 635nm.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

i know its 635, i was merely pointing out the beam it produces isnt great for scanning.

hope your gb goes well and you get the numbers you want
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default how did i miss this

hey mike i will take one thanks for the gb

I keep seeing questions relating to quality. This was not mentioned in the poll comitting to purchase. Concrete is just that - solid. I don't know what beam I might achieve with mine but I comitted to one and I will honor that. As a hobby, experimenting is where the fun and learning begins. Here is a place for someone to contribute to overall knowledge just like in the 100 mW RED days of old.

"-concrete intrest , funds at the ready : 7 53.85% " I'm one of the 7. Where's the others?

HMike
    Last edited by Hemlock Mike; 11-17-2010 at 17:45.

Cool Purchase order has been submitted

Thank you to all have placed an order for this diode. This may not be a cure-all for your specific red needs, but is no slouch by any means. I will remit totals and details in a mass PM to all involved as soon as I get the reply back from the manu. I do not think we have made the price break , but they have informed me that another order is being processed soon so this one will get FAC'd right along that order. This may help them to save a little and hopefully they will pass along the savings. I will provide information as I get it. Thank you once again and we will be seeng red photons soon.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Mike ---
    Glad the diodes are ordered. I'm looking to live again!!!!!! BIG RED !!
    You posted a 1.27 Amp opperating current. That's about 3 Watts input. I would think that for short duty cycles, a TEC won't be necessary but I'll use a temp meter on the HS.
    Is 1.27 Amps recommended or absolute max? I like to push limits looking for a knee in the P vs I curve.

HMike
    Last edited by Hemlock Mike; 11-17-2010 at 18:13.

Mike ---

"you have $" The cash is sent. I committed and I followed through.
    HMike

By the way --- is 1.27 Amps the MAX or recommended max?
    Last edited by Hemlock Mike; 11-18-2010 at 15:51.

money sent host bought red hear we come

Payment sent, ESD bay ready and waiting.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.