Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Holography...!

Default Mega Holography...!

Very impressive...

http://www.dump.com/2010/11/08/zebra...-sheets-video/

Calling Jem et. al.!

How would this have been done in full colour from a 3D CAD file?
    Did someone figure out how to use that DLP chip?
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I would be so funny to get one of those produced at 24x36" showing the inside of a water well / mine shaft and place it in the middle of the carpet in a public building or even your home.

In fact its pity they don't do it room sized because the possibilities of holographic flooring are just immense .... imagine walking over a tropical reef and literally feeling as though you're walking on water.

amazing !
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool stuff , explained here (I think)...

http://www.holography.co.uk/Conferen...ngs/Walter.pdf
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool. I want a life size Angelina Jolie.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Great product. Many times people come up with a product but lack destination of that product. These guys have definite direction for usage. Nice.ThanX
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

That's really really cool.

Could a hobbyist even come close to doing that at home, and if so where would one start?

Their holograms can certainly be tiled to whatever size one wants. The reconstruction beam can be collimated or diverging from essentially whatever point one wants, so a large integrated image can be built up from seperate panels and lit from a single source ( for example in the middle of the ceiling of a room). I've worked with and built similar systems, but Zebra is the best and I have a few of their 24x24" samples in my collection (done for Budweiser and Coors).

They use pulsed lasers in RG & B to record pixel by pixel on the hologram. The image brightness is excellent because they use photopolymer recording material. I wonder if their processing of the holograms is good enough yet (uniform and stable) to allow the use of trichromatic laser light for illumination. THAT would make one whopping impressive floor!!!!

Hmmm... Just thinking out loud here...

If they could be made to be back illuminated by laser, such as in a transmission hologram. Imagine the possibilities of having a ceiling completely made up of those tiles and illuminated from above. The viewer in the room would look up and see the hologram wherever they were in the room. Or even perhaps a whole wall (illuminated from behind)... Wow!, I can imagine allsorts of uses for this

It would look great in say an indoor restaurant where you could look up and see the depth of space and the stars through some overhanging trees. Or perhaps the walls depicting some themed scene that could be carried through into the decor of the room. Just imagine what you could have on your bedroom ceiling .
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Just imagine what you could have on your bedroom ceiling .
    a flock of sheep??? no need to imagine them while counting them