Thread: A tale of 2 sellers

Default A tale of 2 sellers

Wanted alive: 1 x Pangolin Flashback 3.

Seller #1: Synchrovision
    Good price on the site, even if it was advertised in Euros, unclear if it included VAT and with no indication of delivery costs. Ordered, got prompt reply, then noticed they only accept bank transfers as payment. Sorry, but you might as well ask for "used bills only". Not accepting credit cards, paypal or google checkout... it's your funeral. For goods that cost as much as Kvant lasers, that's a poor policy. Martin emailed me back saying he would make an exception, but by that time I had shopped elsewhere...

Seller #2: Stanwax
    Not such a good price (£20 difference), but a variety of checkout options. Under Chrome, "Google checkout" didn't work at all. Under IE8, it reckoned my basket was empty when it patently wasn't. So I went through the direct route, paid via Paypal. W00t! Item dispatched within 2 hours of ordering :-) Website may need work though, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    Wanted alive: 1 x Pangolin Flashback 3.
    ..........So I went through the direct route, paid via Paypal. ............
    DIRECT !! .... LOL..

Folks on the other side of the pond might be surprised at you using Paypal to ship money from Cambridge to such distant lands as Cheshire. From their point of view you live next door to each other.

BEWARE of PP "internal security program" it might force you on to a bicycle to make sure the money arrives quickly.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    DIRECT !! .... LOL..

Folks on the other side of the pond might be surprised at you using Paypal to ship money from Cambridge to such distant lands as Cheshire. From their point of view you live next door to each other.

BEWARE of PP "internal security program" it might force you on to a bicycle to make sure the money arrives quickly.

Cheers
    Yeah; but I wanted to pay by credit card, an option that was not offered, and Paypal allows me to do that. Indirectly By "direct", I meant that I had to fill in a form with my name and address and blah-de-blah. Perhaps "more direct" would have been more accurate :-)

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    Under Chrome, "Google checkout" didn't work at all.
    am I the only one seeing the irony here?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    am I the only one seeing the irony here?
    Heavens no! I tried about 4 times, thinking "it must work, this is their own freakin' browser!"