Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Multi galvo 3D concept

Default Pangolin Multi galvo 3D concept

Hello everyone.
    I got an idea for the use of multiple galvo's well more a method actually
    That can be likely build in pangolins max converter.

So this is the idea.
    I will also make an example.

Well for example you got 2 boxes. you want each box scanned on a other laser projector.
    What if pangolin makes a special material (or a modifier but I think material is better) that tells the renderer NOT to render the lines of that mesh when you apply it to a mesh but still act as if it's in front.
    you can also split models up in meshes with the detach and do the same method as if they were 2 seperate objects
    *for example clothing seperate from body*

That way you can do 2 renders.
    one with only the visibility of one box and one of the other.

Leaving you with 2 ilda's for both scanners.

Then to use you align both scanners and your ready to go just play them simultaniously.

Example picture to make clear what I mean
    The rendition was done with illustrate and picture was editted with photoshop
    just show what I mean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	concept-picture.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	21986

Update

Just made the quick concept working or at least, managed to make the 2 ilda's

redbox.ild
    greenbox.ild
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-04-2010 at 03:03.

Thumbs up

Watch the show in showtime "Rithm is a dancer" .

The part were the dancing girls are spinning around a cylinder i thought..

This is called, clever placement.

Also, i don't know which version of LD2000 you have, but have you ever drawn a square in Lasershow designer and tried the extrude tool?

wow very nice.
    Is this 3D or partually?
    or is this hand traced?

I don't have LD2000 yet

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    wow very nice.
    Is this 3D or partually?
    or is this hand traced?

I don't have LD2000 yet
    Its not real 3d, those are parts layered on various tracks.
    Clever placement..

Damn nice show btw..

Thanks to Harry de Boer from DTL.

Really really nice

We have been discussing multi-galvo laser display for some time, there are a few ways to do it and it is not really necessary to split up the parts in the renderer itself as long as the paint order is maintained. See these posts:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-in-point-rate

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ht=multi+galvo

There are a few reasons why splitting it in the renderer (max converter or not) may not be optimal, first of all only in certain situations will you have two objects or sets of objects of equal complexity in the display for the entire animation. Many times one or the other object may go out of view and you will be left with one projector displaying detail only. It's possible that a dynamic material masking technique could be developed to compensate but live split-frame processing seems to be the most universally applicable solution to displaying complex 3D frame series.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    We have been discussing multi-galvo laser display for some time, there are a few ways to do it and it is not really necessary to split up the parts in the renderer itself as long as the paint order is maintained. See these posts:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-in-point-rate

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ht=multi+galvo

There are a few reasons why splitting it in the renderer (max converter or not) may not be optimal, first of all only in certain situations will you have two objects or sets of objects of equal complexity in the display for the entire animation. Many times one or the other object may go out of view and you will be left with one projector displaying detail only. It's possible that a dynamic material masking technique could be developed to compensate but live split-frame processing seems to be the most universally applicable solution to displaying complex 3D frame series.
    So the splitting technique really works?
    I thought it had geometric correction problems.
    *might have been an other method that had that*

First off, let me say it's cool you're thinking of new ideas!
    I'm not exactly an expert but I can't think of a reason why it would be any more difficult to perform geo correction with one technique over the other. Both use two projectors and both would need to be aligned with slightly different correction. I do know that the auto-split technique has been done and it works with a variety of frames (not just 3D) without requiring user intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    First off, let me say it's cool you're thinking of new ideas!
    I'm not exactly an expert but I can't think of a reason why it would be any more difficult to perform geo correction with one technique over the other. Both use two projectors and both would need to be aligned with slightly different correction. I do know that the auto-split technique has been done and it works with a variety of frames (not just 3D) without requiring user intervention.

Im not an expert either..
    And wow so it does work, I thought I read somewhere there being problems with it, thats why.

I did got that wrong then.
    thats awsome

Multiple projectors... Interesting!

The ILDA file format allows for each frame in a file to be assigned to a specific projector by number, allowing multiple projectors to be driven independently from the same source file... I'm curious as to what hardware or software uses this capability.