Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safelighting

Quote Originally Posted by holokidd View Post
    Helo howie, your settling time is way to short. you should wait at least 10 minuets or more ...
    Hi holokidd,

You're absolutely right and I just tried 6 more the other night and once I set the plate, I left it alone for about 10 minutes. I thought the increased settling time would help but I had no good holograms

I'm going to try a few more tonight and use the metal base this time to see if that helps. These last 6 I did with the plate and object on a black t shirt and I think that might have allowed some movement. Everything else was basically the same in regards to exposure time, developing and so forth, so who knows.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

BuckeyBalls shot was cool. I do wish to try a production myself one day. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    These last 6 I did with the plate and object on a black t shirt and I think that might have allowed some movement.
    I'd say you've nailed the problem. Mounting your object on a soft substance is going to cause you major problems. Try a paving slab as a base, or something similar that is suitable dense and rigid and I think your end result should improve dramatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001