Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Little introduction to Fiesta.NET and LaserMATRIX - video!

way more beamshows and graphics shows XD
    and also WAAAAAY more frames.

Also I find the software more important, if it's good hardware, cool cool... but if the software is lacking you are not really going to benefit too much of it :P

I wil try it out in my hotel room later today ok?

Yeah of course Pango has more shows and frames (despite not 10x more). And Pango software is overall a nice softwares, but I assure you there's many better features in Fiesta... You should download the demo on their website and try it, it's free

I will and let you know what I think of it

FB3.net was announced on SELEM.
    I have no clue about release date.
    just wait for it, you wont get an exact date anyway i presume, else we would have gotten it on selem.

I think when we're talking about live beam shows, you need to really forget about packaged frames, shows, timeline editors, etc and focus on the key things important for those types of shows like tactile interfaces, easy to grab effects, etc.
    Fundamentally, beam shows are about doing essentially very simple stuff, using fairly simple frames, but fitting well with the music.
    The reason I asked about opinions on Fiesta was because I can see what they're trying to do, and saying LD2k or Beyond are better is simply missing the point (imho) as they are essentially doing different jobs right now. Right tool for the job and all that...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I see your point here, I still have to compare.
    I often hear that livepro is best at live performaces, dmx isn't too good.. with quickshow it is.

dmx isn't too good.. with quickshow it is
    I still struggle to understand why people want DMX for anything other than effects control in their laser app.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Yeah of course Pango has more shows and frames (despite not 10x more). And Pango software is overall a nice softwares, .. You should download the demo on their website and try it, it's free
    I already have it.

In my opinion, QS is more powerful than Fiesta in many ways. Fiesta probably wins hands down for cue creation when you start racking effects banks up, but then again it's nearly twice the price. However for Live Play, QS has many more options and most are 1 click and instant. I only see the basics in Fiesta - Size, Colour etc. You could argue simplicity but then again QS is just as simple to use and more featured.

As for Beyond, well if you think Fiesta even comes close overall then you haven't seen Beyond, at least from what I've seen during my very limited play with Fiesta. At release Beyond wasn't that different to QS but still more powerful. I've seen a recent build of Beyond and can tell you it doesn't even resemble the initial release version for power or features. I can't elaborate further, that's for Pangolin to tell you as and when the build I viewed is public. I just draw your attention to Flecom's comments above about what they saw at Selem.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    but I assure you there's many better features in Fiesta...
    Please expand...

The real advantage as I see it is the existence of a matrix but for most users who don't daisy chain lots of projectors on a day to day basis, more power in the software on the live side is probably more of a draw.
    Last edited by White-Light; 08-31-2011 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    The reason I asked about opinions on Fiesta was because I can see what they're trying to do,
    So can I - KIS - keep it simple right? the only thing is QS is just as simple to use as most live controls are 1 click, but offers more instant live options without compromising simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    and saying LD2k or Beyond are better is simply missing the point (imho) as they are essentially doing different jobs right now. Right tool for the job and all that...
    From what I've seen Beyond is no more difficult to use for Live Playback than QS. That's why a lot of people declared it a dark interfaced version of QS when they 1st saw it as they simply didn't see at 1st glance the extra powers within. It has more options and much more power if you care to dig below the surface, but you can choose to use it simply though just like QS. LD2000, granted it's a different beast. Ultimate power but not that simple.

The way I look at Fiesta is its just horses for courses. It sits between QS and Beyond etc for price and features. If you want cheap easy to use live power with decent cue creation power, its QS. For more cue creation power akin to a professional level product but very simple basic live playback, its Fiesta. For best of both simple live performance with power and creation power, its Beyond.

Just my opinion though, others may disagree.
    Last edited by White-Light; 08-31-2011 at 15:14.

Yeah showtacle is allways releasing new shows that he has built, there not the complete best, but they defanately aren't crap