Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Little introduction to Fiesta.NET and LaserMATRIX - video!

Well, seems really to me that Pangolin is the "Apple" of the laser industry... They certainly have capacities but they really show off too much and they present all their products as a revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    they present all their products as a revolution.
    I think the biggest problem at pangolin is they seem terrified of pissing off old customers... why is the QM still around? seriously while sure, its still a capable device, its really, really old... move on...

Pangolin is a software company right? keep the FB3 cheap and just sell everything else (ex. beyond, livepro etc) as a software package for it... and make an FB3 with an ethernet interface

I think while you would get some grumbling from customers that poured a bunch of money into a QM system in the long run you would have more happy people than pissed off people

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

Al, try this. Go to multi-cue then start a cue playing. Then right-click on that cue and select HOLD. Now you will be able to play other cues while "holding" that one. For example, you can go into FLASH mode, go to a targeted beam page, then start pounding on beams and have your background "held" while you put in new beam frames, or new foreground frames.

Bill
    Thanks for that Bill, never knew "Hold" existed.

For anyone who hasn't grasped how it works (I didn't at 1st until I played with it), if you're in multi-cue mode then as you know you're limited to 3 cues per page (more over multiple pages). Usually when using a single page, when you click a 4th cue, it replaces the 1st cue ie the 1st cue you pressed stops and all the queues move down the hierarchy with the new cue becoming the 3rd cue. This cyclic and runs in sequence so if you press another cue then the new 1st cue stops and the 5th cue becomes the third cue. Effectively each cue moves down a position with every cycle with each 1st cue being stopped and the new cue being added as the new 3rd cue. ie when cue 1 stops, the 2nd cue becomes the 1st, the 3rd cue becomes the 2nd and the new cue becomes the 3rd.

What happens with "Hold" applied is the programme ignores the held cue and cycles around it. So eg if you were to start 3 cues then "Hold" cue 1, then on clicking a 4th cue, normally cue 1 would stop but because Hold is applied to it, cue 2 is stopped instead so cue 1 remains, cue 2 is removed, cue 3 becomes cue 2 and the new cue becomes cue 3. This continues until the hold command is removed, so that the held cue remains permanently outside of the replacement cycle and displays with the other cues changing around it as they are selected.

Hope that makes sense!

Default I hate highjackers

@martin
    Please open a new thread 'cause I see that people start talking about other things than the original title.
    I'm really interested to find more opinions on the final result of using that type of eqpmnt. I think I'm not the only one.

@tormod
    Having gear in no flight case doesn't mean that guy is no good. How many of yours are stored in flight cases?
    Having things stored one on top of the other may be also because that man may have many systems that got together for a single event. Eh, what about that?
    I also wonder what will happen to many of us if performing live in front of hundreds people.
    What will us care first? To have things well organized in the darkness of an event or to have a good event with spaghetti of cables?
    I prefer to see the show not to look how gear was stacked. In fact, that piece of metal isn't part of the show. people in the audience only see effects, not huge and heavy flight cases, hundred meters of cables etc.
    By the way, having a flight case for equipments isn't all the time the best solution.

Being a professional is all about properly assessing all the risks that could jeopardize your goals.
    Stacking your gear backstage like that, is a risk, a small one, I give you that, but it's one. And it cheap to fix. It's a mentality.

Not jumping to conclusions though, maybe the thing was fixed after the video was made.
    Its appears not fully patched anyway.

I'm not sure why people are hung up on the fact something isn't racked. There could be numerous reasons in this case.

1) From the way its neatly set up on those foams, its been done for the purposes of the video.
    2) It's been 'borrowed' from stock to do the gig, and as a result he doesn't want it marked in the rack
    3) etc, etc

Default SUB-BASS and electronics...

Well, I prefer to keep electronics floating on foam, rather than in a rack-case that's bumping as the sub-woofer does in close proximity.
    If I were the owner of that gear and if that man were my friend too, then I would buy him a beer for having the foam idea.
    Also, having racks for all gear is not all times good. Sometimes it only increases the total weight of the eqpmnt and also decreases the handling. It's a fact that is easier to carry 3 boxes of 10 kilos rather than 1 box of 30k plus additional 10kilo/rack.
    Racks also have caps, which may be lost on big events...
    As a conclusion, I am waiting for the part 2 of that video, where I'm expecting to see and hear in detail (somebody knows what I am talking about) - how all that keyboards were connected and also how the operator was using them for creating a great live gig.

Yeah this is so unprofessional:

I bet all my money that what is on the video we are talking about could be handled and installed by a single person.
    What about your cropped picture?

Also, what type of truck is used to handle that mini rack?

Comming back to the Lasermatrix. Did you know this is possible with pangolin for a very long time.

Look at the video from Hardbass, here hugo had the 24 lasers on the big wall connected to QM's, and all the lasers where controlled independent by DMX. No need of extra laser matrixes.

The Light operater had a lot of when fun he played with Hugo's lasers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hardbass.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	22281

http://www.freedeo.com/video/QZOWKB8...ftermovie.html