Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Little introduction to Fiesta.NET and LaserMATRIX - video!

Hey guys!

Some of you got it wrong.

Fiesta2 and Fiesta.NET are two different products.

Festa.NET is lot more advanced then Fiesta2. It offers DMX as well as wireless connection via wireless modem - ok it might be not the best solution for live production as signal can sometimes drop, but certainly it is superb for programming in ackward spaces (when you need to move with your lapto around).

Fiesta.NET exists in two interfaces - Master and Slave.
    Master is €980 - your first interface would be this one. It also works as software key.
    Slave is €580 - for all additional lasers.

(You also forgot to include the price of LivePRO)!!!

It might be true with number of cues supplied, BUT in real I had to alter and program the cues from both Pangolin and Fiesta.NET to make me happy anyway.
    Now the question is, where do you create and modify the effect quicker..
    In Fiesta.NET of course! It takes seconds to create effect for 1 or 2 or 3 or more lasers - all in one cue! And you can use exactly the same effects for your time-line show as well (Pango is really weird in this sense).

Dont't take me wrong, pangolin is great for graphics, but for standard beam shows I prefer Fiesta.NET.

Besides, you can work fith Fiesta without interfaces plugged in - on the plane, train, car... try it with Qm2000 hihi

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Fiesta.NET exists in two interfaces - Master and Slave.
    Master is €980 - your first interface would be this one. It also works as software key.
    Slave is €580 - for all additional lasers.
    wow thats really not bad at all... I think I am going to have to seriously considering dumping pangolin for multiple projector stuff since it would cost me more to add ONE interface to my QM2k setup than to buy a Fiesta.NET PRO and get 3

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    wow thats really not bad at all... I think I am going to have to seriously considering dumping pangolin for multiple projector stuff since it would cost me more to add ONE interface to my QM2k setup than to buy a Fiesta.NET PRO and get 3

Not if I understand Martin / Fiesta web site correctly.

Fiesta Pro allows you to control up to 3 independant laser system units for which you then need to purchase a .net unit for each, exactly the same as purchasing pangolin.net enclosures & boards.

This is taken from the Fiesta.net brochure:

If you want more than 3 lasers, then you need to purchase a Fiesta Matrix controller at an additional cost of £2,800 (per unit) which is why I believe that in the multiprojector set up in the Fiesta video there is a Fiesta.net pro AND 2 x £2,800 Matrix controllers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides here, just ensuring that this thread is fair to both systems as it seems the thread is a little misleading in relation to the video as the thread almost gives the impression that you can buy Fiesta.net and create a show like the one in the video whereas it seems the reality is, that just like pangolin, additional equipment is necessary to control the extra lasers.
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-07-2010 at 02:31.

Yep.

Fiesta.NET PRO consist of 3 interfaces inside of the box.

You can use as many interfaces (lasers) as you like in Fiesta - yu don't have to use Matrix, but it makes the life much easier when programming a show for more then 3 lasers.

Using LaserMATRIX just simplifies everything. You use 1 Fiesta.NET as a source and Matrix then alters the signal for each of its 8 outputs (LaserMATRIX effects). So if you have 8 lasers, you can use just 1 Fiesta.NET, 1 Matrix and do the show. Matrix alters movements, sizes, speeds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    This is taken from the Fiesta.net brochure:
    I think your misreading that graphic... look at it again... it says Laser 1, Laser 2, Laser X... which to me means pretty much unlimited (until you hit obvious limitations like the ethernet network, the computer etc)

and the Fiesta.NET PRO box has 3 ILDA outputs, it even shows it in the video?

the Fiesta.NET box is 980EUR or about $1306

an ethernet connected Pangolin QM2000 system for three projectors would be...

$1500 QM Intro System
    $695 .NET enclosure
    $695 LivePRO

thats $2890
    Last edited by flecom; 12-07-2010 at 04:57.

Sorry I think it was my bad earlier in the thread not understanding the difference between the Fiesta.NET and the Pro box.

I think its the Fiesta.NET box (1 output) that is 980EUR

I don't think its been mentioned yet how much the Pro box is, but if it was less than £2k it'd have to be a valid contender for competition with 3x FB3

That Fiesta.NET PRO rack version (3xILDA out) is €2650 and that's including the software. Now if you couple the projectors together and switch X axis, you can get pretty amazing show for 6 lasers.
    Or go for 3xMatrix and you get circus of 24 lasers.

I presume by coupling the projectors you mean using the ILDA Out on one to feed the ILDA IN on the other? If so you can do that in any software package be it Fiesta, Pangolin, or any other package you care to mention and it has the limitation in all packages of limiting those chained projectors to projecting the same images, so realistically here, if were talking about individual control, €2650 buys you 3 ILDA out, is that correct or are there limitations on those 3 ILDA as well?

You are right - I just mentioned splitting the signal as an example.

No, no limitations.

Well, that seems a bit more interesting to buy three separate Fiesta.NET... Even more, a Fiesta.NET OEM integrated into each projector

Just, about the lasershow at the end of the video, the music, isn't it a part of the Matrix movie?? Don't remember which one, though...

And these really small red projectors, seems pretty powerful for these size, anybody have an idea about the power used?