Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: First Annual SouthEast Laser Enthusiasts Meeting

Actually my partner pointed out that the difference between Akron to Boston and Akron to Atlanta is about 1 mile! Oops. Oh well.

James. :o)

Besides, if we have it in Boston, we'd need to drop the "S" in SELEM, and that would ruin the cool-sounding acronym we've come up with!

(As an aside, the acronym was purely coincidental! We didn't start out to create a name that would work as an acronym... Heck, the whole name was sort of a tongue-in-cheek bit...)

Anyway, what's the latest on a venue Spec?

Anyway, what's the latest on a venue Spec?
    Two hotels left to scout though I imagine those are going to end like the other hotels. Got a few leads on warehouses and decommisioned gas station service stations. The kind with the big open garages.

Also: Masonic temple.

Im still holding out for the hotel though. simply because it would be a lot closer to room and board for everyone traveling.... No one wants to travel X hours to get to a venue where they have to travel again to get to a bed.

Masonic Temple idea looks nice, though.

Oh, the temple would be a kick! You could make souvenir Fez hats for everyone!

James. :o)

Last I heard, Robert was looking at a retail building that had some space in the back. Supposedly the place was within walking distance to a decent hotel. While the Masonic Lodge might be nice, I don't know if I could handle being forced to wear a fez...

How many people are going to be able to come, now that we've moved the date to July the 15th and 16th?

Adam