Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Customer Service SUX

Thumbs up Pangolin's Customer Service is Number 1 in my book !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    By the way -- one thing I am sure many folks here on PL can attest, is that you might get better answers (and many times, exclusive offers) by writing directly to us, and by email. Forum posts are great and all that, but... a lot of things can be missed, or will take many many many words to completely explain. Who wants to read a long forum post .
    I for one can attest to that.... I won't go into details but I had a real odd ball request that I submitted on the Contact Form and received a phone call form Bill in about 30 minutes. I expected him to say no but all I heard was sure we can do that.

One other time I ordered the TC2000 SMPTE controller on a Monday and choose 3 day air when Pangolin was unable to ship it until the next day they upgraded the shipping to "Next Day" at their expense.

Jim

Default Our side of the story ;)

OK, I have looked into this. Shawn spoke with Ms. Adrienne Longo in our office. Here is Adrienne's side of the story

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was, as always, professional. I just couldn't give him the immediate happy ending he wanted which was getting his repair pushed ahead of everyone one else and sent overnight back to his waiting arms.

Hayden says we are very busy at the moment, what with all of the orders, and also some repairs that have come in ahead of his repair.

This phone conversation took place with the client's record and repair order right in front of Hayden (who was listening on my side) in case there needed to be correction.

The client asked if we had rental boards and I apologized and told him we did not. I repeated his name and information, went and looked at his order, which just arrived here on Friday. Hayden had not even opened the box yet because of the other orders and repairs ahead of him. I told him I would let the repair person know that he needed it as soon as possible.

Beyond that I don't know what else I could have done except wave a magic wand.

For the record, the client also called this morning asking if he could purchase a board. I told him we did have boards in stock for immediate shipment and directed him to the order form on the website. Over the course of our conversation I also found out he's a Connecticut Lasers client and suggested that Marc might have a rental or possibly a deal for him as well and to check with Marc before placing his order. If he placed it with us, we would give him priority as far as getting his order out because of the status of his repair.

I am never snotty or rush on the phone with a client. Of course you know this as you have heard me dealing with clients several times. Sometimes guys have issues being told 'no' by women. ha ha!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that forum posts don't give us is a full and complete accounting of everything and anybody has ever experienced. Shawn's original post is that he received bad customer service, but omitted all of the details of who said what, when, how, and even why he believes he received bad customer service.

In any event, what I would say, and what the vast majority here on PL would say is that we do a darn good job with customer service, and we try to do everything we can. But "everything we can" is a qualitative prhase not a quantitative phrase... If there are orders and repairs ahead of yours, we do what we can to shuffle them, but if everybody needs their goods immediately (something that most definitely is the case in this holiday season), then our shuffling still might not be satisfactory to the client.

I'd like to speak with you directly by telephone, to see if we could have improved your experience, and see if we can make changes that would have lad to a satisfactory conclusion in the future. For example, the concept of "rental boards" is not something we've ever entertained before, but if there is value in this, then we might take a closer look at this option.

Best regards,

William Benner

Lightbulb

Sir Shawn -

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    by request from you guys i did try to edit the title but can not. only the post body.
    Hrmm. Well, I'd try these '4 easy-steps', starting in the lower-right corner of any of your posts...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL_EditTitle_Step1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	22309 , Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL_EditTitle_Step2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	22310 , Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL_EditTitle_Step3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	22311

... and, of course, don't forget the all-important
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL_EditTitle_Step4.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	22312

...if these steps still don't work for ya, I'd let Admin know...

Looks like Bill's on the case... and Wow!, even:

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    I'm in Cookeville. You can borrow mine for a few days if needed for your show.
    ...Sir Doug, you are The Man!!

So, again, looks like 3-cheers for PL!!! Happy trails, m8!

peace...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 12-14-2010 at 11:20.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hehe, I respect where you are coming from Frank. It's just that our product mix doesn't have a great answer for you right now. Our approach gives flexibility, but it's flexibility you don't need, and at a cost you also don't want to pay. I understand this...

Right now we don't have a great answer for you, but we will by the middle of next year. In fact, maybe even several great answers...
    thats good to hear... I know I am a pain in the ass but I am also realistic... I know you guys are a small operation and programming takes a LOT of time (I know we have a whole floor of developers at work lol)... and I know I am an even smaller customer, but I also know someday my hopes will be answered because I know I cant be the only one that has the same idea

and its not the cost, its how the cost scales... or lack there of... to me an intro system + livepro is still a good deal... and an FB3 + livepro is a steal... its just when you start trying to scale a QM system the costs go up linearly very quickly! while the FB3 cost structure is a lot more reasonable I think personally... but I will sit and wait patiently

and probably pick up an FB3 or 3 + livepro for xmas lol

For example, the concept of "rental boards" is not something we've ever entertained before, but if there is value in this, then we might take a closer look at this option.
    Actually, a better option might be to put some new boards 'up front' into a recycling type operation. However that does depend on how many you have back for repair and how many different types you have. I guess the common denominator is the bare FB3 board.

So you receive a board for repair - you send a replacement, and the returned board goes into the 'repair queue'. You then repair as time allows and this one goes back into the 'repaired pool'.

This way, customers see a consistent turnaround as its usually just the time to ship a new unit, and you get rid of some of the pressures, especially at busy times of the year.

I think Apple does this for certain faults on the iPhone and in my experience it works excellently. And one advantage over the rental scheme is you don't run the risk of ever having a spare unit unreturned.

Pangolins top service never fails to dissapoint.

100% fact

Glad to here things have been resolved for you Shaun.

I too can add to the positive experiences at Pangolin.

After I ordered my FB3-QS there was heavy rain and floods in Europe and one of their manufacturing sites was flooded creating a shortage. Justin @ Pangolin telephoned me from the States (bearing in mind I'm in the UK so this was an expensive International call) to explain and ask me how urgent my need was and if I could possibly wait a little bit longer as they had a shortage and some very urgent requests. He was quite prepared to still ship to me, but as I wasn't in a rush - I have no laser after all, I agreed to defer. Sure enough I was given a new deadline and my Fb3_QS arrived within a few days of that complete with a complimentary T-shirt and mouse mat to say thank you for helping them out by deferring my order in the difficult circumstances they faced.

I have to say my entire experience on the telephone with Justin was extremely pleasant and polite. In fact I was so impressed I think I mentioned in my next conversation with Bill just what a nice guy Justin was. I don't usually recommend customer service reps for their service so this was obviously outstanding.

I have to say that not only this, but every experience I've had at pangolin of their service and feedback has always been very good.

Hey shawn-

If you are stuck, let me know, i will overnight you one of my FB3's for you to use. I am sorry you had a problem with your phone call. but i promise you it is NEVER EVER like that. Not saying i can make miracles happen, but could have tried to call me. i would have offered you my FB3 to get you through. let me know if you need anything, ill do my best to make it happen.

Give pango the benefit of the doubt. TRUST me...they are about the best customer service i have ever dealt with. Adrienne is a sweetheart. im sure she didnt mean the way it may have come across.

Let me know if you need a system to get you through.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks mark again the reason for contacting pangolin in the first place was to confirm that they received the item for repair. Im covered as far as equipment now thank you for the offer!! by far your service is has always been the best! and by the way the kvant ROCKS. thanks a million buddy more orders soon to follow i have plans my friend and gonna have to expand SOOOOON

Hi All,

Speaking as the one in the trenches, so to speak...

I can tell you that things are extremely busy this time of year. Everything that a
    Adrienne said was entirely correct.

Under normal circumstances, I prefer to take these kinds of calls personally. However, due to the overwhelmingly busy time of year, I try to stay away from phones in an attempt to get as many repairs done as possible

Please understand that I am one person that is servicing the needs of over 50 countries world wide ( I havent forgotten you Francesco, thats why I say only 50 countries

Adrienne expressed the urgency of this repair to me, and I made it a priority. Fortunately, inwas able to repair this quickly.

Trust me guys, I am doing everything that I can to fill all new orders, answer support calls/emails, and do service/repair just as fast as I can.

In any case, I am glad that I could get this taken care of for you in time. Most repairs this time of the year take at least a month.

Trust me when I tell you that I know how it feels, I am a touring Laserist as well as doing many other types of shows.

Hayden @ Pangolin
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.