Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures posted in Gallery of new DVD burner diode assembly

Well, You could use a mosfet or a bipolar for the output transistor
    however, I wouldnt put any other device in series with the diode path..

Of course , If you do.. Be sure to use a dummy diode stack to test it with a scope to make sure there are no spikes..
    And if you are successful in getting a good waveform here then
    you can bias the circuit for threshold..and then use another transistor for the control...

I found it easier to do it at the op-amp inputs, but this is another deal in itself
    as you will have to find a single rail op-amp that will let you switch it to
    the ground rail as close as possible to get cut-off and be able to switch at 30k plus speeds.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Default Re: DVD diode cooling...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy
    Buffo, I just hooked up my third diode.
    Astroguy!

Can you post a picture of your diode, and of the heat sink you used? I think the 100 mw units are different from these 90 mw units. (At least, the pictures that littleaglei uses on E-bay are substaintially different for the two auctions....) Do your diodes have 2 pins or 3? (Mine have 3 pins)

I again used a leadlight driver board.
    Where are you getting all your leadlight driver boards? I know that Roithner makes a nice one (the EU 38 ), and they're supposed to sell for like $10 each, but I can't find a company that sells them in small lots....

Mine is outputting 93 mw at 190 ma. It is outputting 658nm the beam is clearly visible outside at night.
    How long have you operated it at 93 mw? Have you ever run it for - say, an hour or two? For that matter, have you had any of these units die on you yet? (Marconi is correct - they really are designed for pulsed operation, not CW, but I think if we keep them cool enough they ought to be OK...) That's why I'd really like to see your heat sink setup...

Adam

I got them from people who blew there pointers trying to mod them.
    I have not tryed to run them for more than a few minutes yet. I now have three working so maybe I will use one to try.
    Here are some pics. The one of it burning my black lamp base it out of focus sorry.

"Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I have a couple of driver boards from some faulty green lasers and I have just got my hands on a faulty 16x dvd burner.

How did you connect your driver board up to the laser diode Astroguy? How did you focus the laser?