Thread: Working on easy traceable 3D game

Default Working on easy traceable 3D game

*Edit* I scrapped this project and will do an attemp on a true 3D to laser game, with XNA, that's alot cleaner and will work nicer. *Edit*

3D is awsome.
    Lasers are awsome
    games are awsome.

As far as I know.
    Pangolins converter does realtime 3D lasering, but sadly 3ds max nor Cinema4D has a game engine.

Zoof has made a 3D world for laser and a sort of opengl for laser.

Even though... I'm bored at the moment.
    So I'm going to try and create a game with such simplified textures and object shapes that it's still realtime traceable and playable at no flicker and you still see what you are doing.

I will try this for today.
    Hope it will work

The game will have 2 do something with photonlexicon.
    Maybe involving some members
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-27-2010 at 11:31.

Omg, masterpj, that's a great idea! I could help with some modeling and sound design, And much more.
    I suggest you create a development diary of sort. So PL users could see if they can assist with what they do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetone View Post
    Omg, masterpj, that's a great idea! I could help with some modeling and sound design, And much more.
    I suggest you create a development diary of sort. So PL users could see if they can assist with what they do best.
    Well I was not on planning making it a huge program.
    I can model and animate.
    And I got tools for sound
    Like Sony Soundforge, adobe Audition.

Thanks though

Problem is I can't program in C languages that good.
    *Can do visual basic programming*

The reason why I'm going to use Fps creator is because it saves me programming and avoiding those C codes a bit for now.

I'm going to study C languages around next year *not a self study but in class*

Still, if you accidentally need help with such a project - just ask. I've also gave a thought about making laser interactive programs, like those laseroids and so on. But writing codes, programming and all that C++ stuff makes me mad. I'm better off with some music to compose. :-)

Still, if you accidentally need help with such a project - just ask. I've also gave a thought about making laser interactive programs, like those laseroids and so on. But writing codes, programming and all that C++ stuff makes me mad. I'm better off with some music to compose. :-)
    I see, thank you.

And you use fruity loops?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I see, thank you.

And you use fruity loops?
    Nooope, FL has been history for 3 years already, together with reason, cubase and other soft. Ableton only. For synthesis, live performance, instruments recording, mastering - Ableton-of-all-trades.
    And Cool Edit Pro for it's noise reduction algorithms solely.

Nooope, FL has been history for 3 years already, together with reason, cubase and other soft. Ableton only. For synthesis, live performance, instruments recording, mastering - Ableton-of-all-trades.
    And Cool Edit Pro for it's noise reduction algorithms solely.
    oh Nice.
    Cool edit pro?
    I have that software

*sigh* So I messed around with fps creator, I understand how it works, sad thing is: no custom models / textures.... NEXT.
    I have tried the leadwerks engine which was very advanced and stunning in looks, but very hard to use.
    Im going to try it again