Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coherent Purelight

Default Coherent Purelight

I have a Coherent Purelight that needs at least 15 litres per minute before the waterflow indicator light will go out. It should only need 9 LPM at most. I know there is a pot inside the psu that will allow me to trim the amount required but do not know where it is....Can anyone help me with this please????

Question

Hey there tlj -

Quote Originally Posted by thelaserjockey View Post
    I have a Coherent Purelight....Can anyone help me with this please????
    I must be getting old, cause I could *swear* I replied to this, this am...

Anyhoo, what I had asked, was, do you have a PL Star, Star II or IIC? Also, please confirm which style-PSU do you have, like this:

...or, like this:

... by your descr. of the 'light', I'd imagine the older 'Star' model, but, need to confirm, cause 'dey be diffrn't'...

Lemme know and I'll letcha know, asap...
    cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hey J, its the purelight star that I have and it uses the older style psu with the analogue remote control (the top one of the two pictures)

Thanks, Martin.

Default hey jon

i have a pure light,, looks like the first power supply, working. i have a star that has no power supply, but the control is the same. is there a way to tell if it will work????
    this was my christmas present , i have had the laser over a year and just popped the crate

Hey Sir Martin -

Quote Originally Posted by thelaserjockey View Post
    Hey J, its the purelight star that I have and it uses the older style psu with the analogue remote control (the top one of the two pictures)
    Ah, excellent.. the 'C' PSU, like the Sabre PSU, is a marvel of engineering.. I'll be in the shop, later tonite and will advise...

j

--

Hey there, Chief -

Quote Originally Posted by rgb-gas View Post
    i have a pure light,, looks like the first power supply, working. i have a star that has no power supply, but the control is the same. is there a way to tell if it will work????
    Umm, sorry - please clarify a bit more - sounds-like you have a PSU, with no matching-head... and a head, with no matching PSU, and you are asking if you can 'mate' them (w/O 'fireworks'... , Yes?

If so, usually, the 'matching head' will be labeled on the bottom of the Remote - any 'head-specific' EEPROMs, etc will-be in there, ie: if its was a Remo for a 'straight' Star or
    a Star II / Moto-Star, etc... But, the PSU should not really 'care', either way...

Lemme know, and I'll let you know...

this was my christmas present , i have had the laser over a year and just popped the crate
    Wow, so much un-requieted ion-love!

peas...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-28-2011 at 12:40.

one is complete and working, says only laserpure on the side. the one i found hiding,
    says star on the side and has the same control. was not sure if it would work on the one supply i have? thanks again

Hey Dood...

one is complete and working, says only laserpure (you mean, Purelight? on the side.
    the one i found hiding, says star on the side and has the same control. was not sure if it would work on the one supply i have?
    As long as the 'umbilical'-side and psu-side connectors match-up, ie:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09178.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	22513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09177.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	411.0 KB 
ID:	22514... you should be good to-go... those supplies will power even the 'real-old' "Spectrum" heads, ie:

Name:	DSC09134.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	358.5 KB 
ID:	22515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09149.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	22516.. all the way up-to the Star II 'moto',

Name:	DSC09181.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	376.3 KB 
ID:	22517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09180.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	22518... but I would recommend just checking the label on the bottom of the Remo for the 'orphaned' Star, and see how that 'compares' with the label on the rear of the PSU...won't 'hurt anything', but ie, a really-old 'Spectrum' remo, might not start a StarII PSU...

Anyhoo, can u post pix? Let's get that puppy lit!

cya
    j

kool thanks a lot. i will have pics after the new year, very busy now. do you have any extra supplies for sale or trade? thanks jeff

Lightbulb

Hey Sir J -

kool thanks a lot. i will have pics after the new year, very busy now.
    Right on... RE: busy, yeah, I hear ya - prepping all these 'Egg Nog n Everclear Bombs' is a biotch... jk...

do you have any extra supplies for sale or trade? thanks
    Funny you should ask.. why, Yes, we do!

Name:	DSC09308..JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	22530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09307..JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	22531

...Not being offered with the road-cases, but these are 2 of 3 PL PSUs we have, that had 'notes' taped to them, stating one problem or another (don't remember, exactly what they were, but can get that info, if-desired...) so, may-not be working, as-is - however, both PSUs *most-likely* are-reparable, since neither problem, as I recall, was 'grave' (like 'Passbank is gone', or something...) - still, likely fixable, probably by pulling parts from one, and feeding the other...

I can either: a) Tech them out, and fix / make ONE good-supply, thus, Price will be 'higher' for a working supply (though, still, I am sure it will be rather comfy, price-wise...) or b) Sell both, as-is, for le$$, let you 'tech-out', and can include a batch of fuses, cards, and spare passbank transistors, etc, for you to 'investigate' with...

Price, either way? Well, lemme know your overall-level of interest, first, and which 'option' (a or b) you'd rather tackle, (...which is more 'ambitious' right now, you or your wallet? ) and I'll figure a price for that 'option', capeach?

Thanks, J - lemme know your thoughts...
    ---
    Laserjockey, I should have your answer tonite / tomorrow - got really tied up with other repairs / werk last nite and never got to test the supply... will try again tonite...

cheers...
    j

kool man, i will try the new head after the new year, if it works we will need to deal
    jeff