Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

Thanks hobbybob,

Yes Mr willing is organising this groupbuy. I will provide the drawings to make the cases.
    But if anyone has questions about the case, i,m happy to help

Overall I like this case a lot. It's compact and lightweight and provides just enough space for a 3 module system. There is an electronics side and an optical side. The electronics side was about 1cm too short for me in order to fit the fans on top of the laser drivers. So if I did it over again I would drill the sides for a different height. Also the neutrik holes were slightly too close together for the neutrik connectors I had, not sure what caused this. I ended up making some panels to fit inside the neutrik slots and using them for other purposed like e-stop, lights, start button, etc. I ended up widening the aperture hole for the DT-40 wides to get the full beam width. With smaller mirror mounts this might not be necessary but I needed to do this with the laserwave optics.

Overall this case is great!

Mike

Hi mike, excellent post.
    As i am also considering buying a pair of DT40W, and also own 4 edison cases how far is the front of your galvoblock from the front panel (distance between scanner block and frontpanel) and how big is your aperture window now ? Is it rectangular or square ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    how far is the front of your galvoblock from the front panel (distance between scanner block and frontpanel) and how big is your aperture window now ? Is it rectangular or square ?
    The galvoblock is mounted 3cm from the aperture window. I would have like to get closer, but the laserwave dicro mirror mounts i'm using needed the extra room for the adjustment knobs. It would probably make sense to get some smaller dicro mounts.

I can't remember the dimensions of the aperature window. It's rectangular. I know I cut 3cm off each side and left the height the same. This gives me close to the full width angle with the DT40 wide.

Later on i will post some pics and measure the window.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    I can't remember the dimensions of the aperature window. It's rectangular. I know I cut 3cm off each side and left the height the same. This gives me close to the full width angle with the DT40 wide.
    My aperture window is 11.5cm by 5cm. I'll try to get some pics together soon. The aperture glass silicon is vulcanizing as I type.

Mike

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Yes I'm very interested in at least 1 maybe 2. Please add me to the list. Thanks and it looks great in edison's pics.-jimmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Thanks mike for the dimensions, that's a lot wider than i expected. Those widemoves are really WIDE moves....
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Default cool case

Hi, I am also interested in this case!!
    How much would be the shipping to Germany??

Best regards
    matze

Mr willing has finished my retainers and so in exchange i have send them the drawings so he should be able to start with fabricating so get on this boat guys if you want to have a proffesional case

Hi I am keen. Freight to new zealand?