Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

Same here, I'm in no hurry at all, so finish mine at your own convenience.

Domingo.

I agree. Speed is not important to me. Take your time.

Ditto, my projector build is almost a year in (mostly research & procurement) so I am in no rush. My build makes "watching grass grow" look like an Olympic event.

Thanks for the update mate.
    This space for rent.

You are doing a great job man.. dont rush it.. thank you very much for putting this GB toghether.

hope you got my email finally.

cheers.
    /Rickard

Thanks all for your reassurance. I do have a few individuals who are in a hurry to get the cases though.

But don't worry, I'm not rushing to the point where a mistake or sacrifices will be made. I have taking the project at a pretty moderate pace to ensure I don't mess up. Much of the time on this project has been just spent planning ahead.

The Laser programmer just gave me the go ahead. So by the end of the week I should have a pretty neat video of the panels being cut on a 4000 W laser.

I need some help from some one in Europe to order something for me. I have spent like 4 hours trying to find it in the USA and no luck. I need M8 decorative nut caps. Edison listed a website a few posts up but they have min. order QTY of 500 and they charge a bunch of extra fees too.

I found a website that will sell packs of 100 and just has a min order of 20 Euros. However they won't sell to the USA. So I need a volunteer to order them for me and ship them my way, Any takers? Heres a link https://www.comdir.co.uk/Products.aspx/igakgbinff/

Default Update

Hi all! I have an update:

Things are going okay but I did experience a few delays. I was involved in a minor car accident about 2 weeks ago that ended up totalling out my Civic. I wasn't injured but I have been dealing with insurance/rental car/buying a new car ect... that took me away from manufacturing for a bit.

I now have a rental car long enough to get this project finish so things are back on track. The baseplates are at the anodizer now. I just have two panels left to manufacture (front and rear) then I can begin testing and move onto paint prep. I'm not sure how long the rest is going to take but I'm working around the clock the next couple weeks.

Thanks everyone for your patients, I will have some pics as soon as I get the last panels built.

Default Another update

As promised continuous updates with pictures

I have been hard at work and finished manufacturing all the parts. Don't get too excited because I still have bit of work to go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all panels.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	24448

I did a test fit and everything goes together pretty well, as long as the powder coat doesn't build up too much I'm happy with the fit. The button hard screws really tidy up the look

Name:	case.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	24451
    The baseplates came back from the anodizer and they did a pretty good job, no complaints.

Name:	baseplate.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	24450

I had an issue with a certain laser cut parts having a huge burr. Its going to take a couple days of grinding to work out but they will be fine after some hard work.

Name:	bur.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	24449

So over the next few weeks I'll get everything prepped and painted and then it will be time to start shipping them out.
    Last edited by MisterWilling; 04-12-2011 at 19:55.

Thumbs up

Wow, great work. I'm no expert, but those parts (or at least most of them ) look really well done to me. Thanks for the pics.

Domingo.

Hahaha....really funny to see my own case manufactured ;-)
    I can assure everyone waiting on these cases, they're worth it.
    I bought four from Edison, now 1 RGB and 2Greens (Soon to be green/blue).
    The last one will be RGB too !

Looking forward what you all build in it and mad props to Mr. Willing.
    Looking great man !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Looking good!!!