Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 445 General Zod Quad

Default Over the " Copper Top"

AThat...couple two (2) of those CU heat sinks with fans riding under a CU slab @ 4" x 6" x 5/8"...that should do it !!!

I suppose some would say..." Stop dickin around and TE that thing"....well that may be....but then I need a controller for the TE.....KISS whenever possible...ALL engineering is a compromise !!

CDBEAM and Terrawatt
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-03-2011 at 20:12. Reason: Add
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    AThat...couple two (2) of those CU heat sinks with fans riding under a CU slab @ 4" x 6" x 5/8"...that should do it !!!

I suppose some would say..." Stop dickin around and TE that thing"....well that may be....but then I need a controller for the TE.....KISS whenever possible...ALL engineering is a compromise !!

CDBEAM and Terrawatt
    AND, your not generating the same quantity of heat your trying to extract!!!!

Here is a simply online heat sink calculator that might come in handy http://students.cs.byu.edu/~jgoodell/heatsink.html
    Last edited by dnar; 05-03-2011 at 20:55.
    This space for rent.

Default Slick Thermal Calculator !!

Thanx Dnar,

That is one slick thermal calculator !!! What I REALLY want is a metal which has the conductivity of Copper, the weight per cc, cost and machinabillity of Aluminium...the thermal stabillity of brass and... Oh...while I am requesting to violate the laws of nature....make this metal transparent !!! haha. One thing about the CU ZQuad baseplate...It is NO lightweight !!! Ugh !! Grunt !!

CDBEAM and Terrwatt
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Thanx Dnar,

That is one slick thermal calculator !!! What I REALLY want is a metal which has the conductivity of Copper, the weight per cc, cost and machinabillity of Aluminium...the thermal stabillity of brass and... Oh...while I am requesting to violate the laws of nature....make this metal transparent !!! haha. One thing about the CU ZQuad baseplate...It is NO lightweight !!! Ugh !! Grunt !!

CDBEAM and Terrwatt
    I got you covered Mr CDBEAM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

Far superior thermal characteristics compared to Corodium, just damn hard to find...
    This space for rent.