Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Commissioned Lumia turret build

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Pm your address to me. When I get home (I'm in chicago for work for a week) I'll toss some stuff in the post for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    If I NEED any? What exactly does any of us really NEED?

However... intrigued, interested, aroused (well...), attentive, ok... maybe need IS correct.

How best should we proceed?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I also found a filter from semrock that reflects 593 and passes anything else from UV to IR... problem is its $695

Why not add 405 aswell? I have a Semrock dichro that has insane efficiency on passing 430-700 and reflects 98% of 405nm. Bought it for $200 and its sitting in a drawer after the arrival of 445.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    Why not add 405 aswell? I have a Semrock dichro that has insane efficiency on passing 430-700 and reflects 98% of 405nm. Bought it for $200 and its sitting in a drawer after the arrival of 445.
    interesting... personally I don't like 405 though, messes with my vision and makes me dizzy

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Why are you bothering with expensive dichros? It's lumia a lot of times the effects are *nicer* if the beams are not precisely aligned. I like to dial in effects by aiming each beam into specific regions of the effects wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    ...a lot of times the effects are *nicer* if the beams are not precisely aligned.
    Indeed in-fact, that's one of the 'sekrets' of this module - it takes all the hard-work you did to perfectly-converge all your sources, and irreverently blows them-apart with the equil-prism in the base... this allows for better 'dispersion' of the color, over the fx... and the MM1 allows you to 'tune the sweet-spot' on the tube / wheel...

...But, to the point I think Mr was trying to make, to use a module like this (where all lines must enter the same 'input aperture') you would-need to 'sum' all your lines, to-start, even if they were shortly going to be blown all to-heckfire...

...jus sayin'...
    peas
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

First run of the dimple wheel, need to get the speed slowed down alot still.

Extra beam diffraction prior to dimple
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12068521
    Straight dimple
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12068649

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12068680
    leading in trailing technology

Last edited by polishedball; 01-16-2011 at 19:22.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Excellent... Don't ferget how 'tweeking the angle' on that prism, will effect your 'range' of colors - experiment with a 'narrower-focus', and then, 'wider' (all-lines, splayed-out, more...) - and, then, within those 'ranges', play with the 'tuning'...

RE: slow it down - yep - get it to a 'crawl' - that's when you start getting the super-mezmerizing fx... not sure what pot you're using, but IIRC, they used a 200kΩ...
    need to double-check...

Anyhoo, great to see some 'light'...
    njoy..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Excellent... Don't ferget how 'tweeking the angle' on that prism, will effect your 'range' of colors - experiment with a 'narrower-focus', and then, 'wider' (all-lines, splayed-out, more...) - and, then, within those 'ranges', play with the 'tuning'...

RE: slow it down - yep - get it to a 'crawl' - that's when you start getting the super-mezmerizing fx... not sure what pot you're using, but IIRC, they used a 200kΩ...
    need to double-check...

Anyhoo, great to see some 'light'...
    njoy..
    j
    Still getting this dialed up, I must say Jon did an excellent job in this design. There are so many adjustments and tweaks you can walk the beams all over for a different effect each time! thanks Jon!

Once in my final lumia only build i'll detail this amazing turret topper completely! Right now just tossed it onto my beam table to play.