Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCaLEM 2011 Sign-Up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post

Metronome Studios
    aka Lotus Hall
    20215 Saticoy Ave
    Canoga Park, CA 92325[B]
    Just to let you know when I look up Metronome Studios on Google Maps it gives me a different zip code..

20215 Saticoy Street
    CA 91306-2508
    - instinct

San Diego California in the United States

Thumbs up Almost guaranteed that i can go

Hello! Its almost guaranteed that i can go, i might be bringing a friend too if that is alright. Hopefully nothing interferes with it. I'm super excited for my first lem!

Default 2 Votes

Hey guys, I voted for both Feb. 4-6 and 11-13 as the 11-13 works better for me but I can certainly make it on Feb. 5th, not sure I can handle 2 nights worth on any weekend...so either weekend is fine, I will definitely be there and my 3W RGB laser should be available as well as Look Solutions Fogger and Hazer, plus the wonderful VaporTower for added stimulations
    Last edited by newaje; 01-10-2011 at 13:11.

Anything besides lasers, software and our laptops we need to bring?

Fog? Trussing? Projectors?
    - instinct

Hey G -

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Anything besides lasers, software and our laptops we need to bring?

Fog? Trussing? Projectors?
    I'd prefer to keep all this 'ancillary stuff' over in the 'other' thread (so we can keep this one focused on sign-ups / who's coming / not, etc..) but, in the interest of just 'moving on'.. RE: Fog, well, I'll have 2x DF-50s, Sir Carlos can-bring a ZR33 (...yeeeeah, baby! ) so, if we needed anything, I'd say, anyone 'local' that can bring some DF-50 or DF-50-compatable fluid, and/or JEM / Martin water-based fluid, that'd be much-appreciated...

RE: trussing - heh, Uh, look at that picture, again, and you tell me... Projectors? You mean video? If-so, they've got a couple, there, but, if anyone has a, uh... "functional" XJ-A130 or, other-such, as a *video* projector , sure, in-case we get into any 'demos' or-such....

If-not, cool... I think we're gonna be mostly focused on laser-shows, and less on 'tech' stuff / seminars... I suppose we could do a little 'how-to session' on projector-certification / Variance-prep / general safety / Regs-demystifying, etc, etc - I can cover that, doesn't have to be anything 'formal', etc... We can all 'call it',
    / 'shape' the agenda, as we get closer....

Anyhoo, looks-like the 4th > 6th is 'winning' the race, so, I'm leaning-toward going-ahead and 'Booking' the place, for those Dates, and then, seeing who-else can make-it, once we're locked-in... Ivan (ArcDevilz) and I will meet, at some-point, at the Venue, this-week, and get things more 'clarified', asap... Anyone else that wants to 'join us' is-welcome, just PM-me for time / day-coordination...

One question (I 'guess' relevant to this thread, cause it's venue-related) - How many of you attendees, would *want* to have Ions, there / actually *have* Laserium-shows? I am trying to gauge whether we *need* to plan-for the extra-cost of 3Ø and water, at-least, for 1-nite... And if I need to *plan* for getting a truck to haul out the 'artillery'?

How many folks that are "Definitely" coming, are bringing their own rigs / show-content? Let us know...

Thanks, Peeps..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

i might actually be in the area that week.. i'm not sure if i can catch both days.. are you guys doing anything specific friday vs saturday ?

UPDATE: ok i re-read the thread more carefully, seems you guys are doing only dinner friday.. is there anything specific happening sat vs sunday ? trying to plan my trip accordingly

I voted for middle of the month but can also do the first weekend.

also sorry for the noob question but what's the times/events for this? it looks like it'll be awesome and i would love to squeeze this in before i have to head back to nyc, so i'm wondering how late it's running and then head straight to LAX if the timing works out

Question

Hey there -

Quote Originally Posted by cynikal View Post
    also sorry for the noob question but what's the times/events for this? ...so i'm wondering how late it's running and then head straight to LAX if the timing works out
    TBD, at this point - we'll 'conquer' that, next.. -

First, can I ask everyone that is planning to come-in from out of town, and/or just wants a 'room for the nite', between Fri / Sat / Sun, (since that is looking like how things are gonna 'go down'), to Post with a 'yes, I need' or, 'no I don't'? This will help me 'negotiate' rates for peeps, if I can have a specific-number of at least 'probablies'..

Lemme know, thx...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

thanks for putting all this work into getting this organized.. i think i won't need accommodations through you, as i'm planning to actually stay out of town farther south slightly (i have something happening very early in the morning that day) but i'll be back later on saturday afternoon.. hence i'm kind of curious what time of day this is even starting (and how late it'll run, my flight will be leaving 11pm-ish so i have to bolt around 9pm). i never been to one of these, so i'm not sure if you guys do it like an evening thing or a during-the-day-thing ? getting excited for this (and the rest of my trip as well).
    Last edited by cynikal; 01-13-2011 at 08:15.