Thread: How about a section containing Music to use for laser displays?

Default How about a section containing Music to use for laser displays?

I wonder if anyone shares my choice of music to lase by? A few suggestions being:-

Ian Van Dahl/AnnaGrace - 'Where Are You Now?',
    Yazoo - 'Don't Go',
    Barber - 'Adagio for Strings',
    Kraftwerk - 'We are the Robots',
    The theme tune to some awful Science Fiction series from the mid 80s called 'The Tripods'
    & of course Jean Michel Jarre - 'Rendez-Vous 4', 'Revolutions', 'Equinox 4' or 5 & 'Zoolook'?

You can tell I'm not into Dance music; I like it, but can't remember the names of the Artists or the names of the tracks! Must be an age thing?

Anyway, I hope someone shares their taste in laser music with me!

Thank you,

Simon B.

Good to see someone else is into Jarre and Kraftwerk like I am!

I made a show to Revolutions just the other day http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...357#post178357
    This space for rent.

As much as i think its a great idea ....

Unfortunatly the Copyright infringment Police would have this forum shut down faster than you could say .... "Bollocks"

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    As much as i think its a great idea ....

Unfortunatly the Copyright infringment Police would have this forum shut down faster than you could say .... "Bollocks"
    Only if we were to start uploading files here, and not if we decide to use Creative Commons music.

For the record, Jarre gave explicit permission to use his music in derivative works following the 2010 In-Doors World Tour. So his music is no problem at all, although I would still be careful uploading it.

One thing that could be done is posting links to where it can be legally purchased and downloaded.

So you put up a post:

Here's a show I've done using X music. The exact mix can be downloaded here: (Insert link to legal music store).

Only thing is as Banthai pointed out, it might encourage some people to still try to upload copied music which would then cause Robert all kinds of grief if it went unnoticed.

I'm a total house electro head and one of my favorite remix tracks tracks to mix in while djing is

Relax by Metamatics

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...il/84158/Relax

I love changing the key up a major or two before dropping it and working the lasers to the sharp distorted disco pitch the mix produces.

Couln't find a full video or track stream but there's a sample above. Gets me off every time
    Slick Laser 2.4w RGB
    Omnisistem 1991 RG Q-Beam
    Hene Tube
    Shitty mistake Chauvet Scorpion fat beam