Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: <18January galvo complete set >30kpps <300$

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Aren't you now mixing up Phoenix Technology and Dragon Tiger ?
    The Raytracks are based on DT40's, the Phoenix Technology ones are PT30, 40 etc.
    So the ones i like very much (DT's) are the ones you call expensive ;-)

Not saying that Phoenix Technology is bad, can't judge since i haven't owned those, all i am saying is that i am very fond of my 2 sets of Raytrack 35plus.
    Other scanners i use are Sonima's (SM2803/4 orsomething like that). Good quality/price, but still like my Raytracks better. But again, those are more expensive.
    unfortunatly i also plan on buying the 3d dichro's from Mccarrot and buy a dac plus ild sos so i cant buy awesome galvo's.
    il go for the PT30 from phenix. sorry for accedently confusing them with each other!
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

By my reckoning you can pick up a set of DT30's for about $60 over your budget.

I'd be inclined to save the little extra and be happy with a reliable set of scanners.

I have 2 sets of DT25 and 1 set of DT30's and I'm more than happy with them, and the support, and they've never missed a beat.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    By my reckoning you can pick up a set of DT30's for about $60 over your budget.

I'd be inclined to save the little extra and be happy with a reliable set of scanners.

I have 2 sets of DT25 and 1 set of DT30's and I'm more than happy with them, and the support, and they've never missed a beat.
    stanwax's DT-30's: 382 USD - not included shipping.
    PT-30 from phenix: 215 USD - including shipping.

and 60 dollars is....thinkable...but its helll of a lot more.

Hi, watching your youtube video, are you sure there is room for the two drivers and the scanhead from the pt30 set?
    It is not a very large projector and you have to squese them in.
    Check the dimensions with the supplier so you are sure it will fit, would be sad if you finally got a better set and you can't place them.

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    The LW50K i think McCarrot also have those and are no way 50K but more 30K.
    the LW scanners are rated at 4-5°
    LW80K at 4° = 80Kpps
    LW80K at 20° = 35Kpps

LW50K at 4° = 50Kpps
    LW50K at 20° = 25Kpps

LW25K at 4° = 25Kpps
    LW25K at 20° = unknown (probally 12-15K)

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx
    What shall i buy from? Phenix or spacelas? They have both desame costs
    Phenix technologies / Spacelas is the same, only difference i see in their products is that Spacelas uses red circuit boards and Phenix green ones.

only cheap galvo's that i have are brandless 20Kpps scanners at 20° and 35Kpps at 5°
    mirror size is 7*11*0.6 mm
    price of these is 90 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    Hi, watching your youtube video, are you sure there is room for the two drivers and the scanhead from the pt30 set?
    It is not a very large projector and you have to squese them in.
    Check the dimensions with the supplier so you are sure it will fit, would be sad if you finally got a better set and you can't place them.

Michel
    If there is no other way we can maby place it somewhere above on a other chip or above the lasers?
    Or maby extend the projector by screwing another plate on? (would not be to much beautiful but at least it works.)
    But i think it will fit, but we will be close to mm.
    I did not get the dimensions. They said the staff does not give them:/

There will be some room because the old galvo's are removed right?(with driver, galvo, psu) so the new ones can be placed

My dad can make a new plate to fit...he uses lasers at work to cut steel
    But il ask him if the installing of the new galvos required more room up, left, right, where-ever, because he needs exact dimensions.

I would like to ask if the dutch people can take some small plates if a extension of my projector has to be done. I will ask my dad as well if he can get some plates but no guarantees and they will be free if he can get some for all of you

Edit: the plates he cut cannot be in a certain thickness. The company creates gasoil tanks and they are on a preset thickness, and my dad got a speedy training on how to use the laser. So i will ask him to do some salvage
    I have no idea whether this is alluminium.
    Il ask tommorow.
    Last edited by borgqueenx; 01-12-2011 at 14:11.

Well my dad returns friday. Il ask him saterday or sunday if he can salvage some.
    In the mean time, i tried using the dip adresses for sound activation ect.
    Did not work. The only lights on the front are the ilda light, and the power light from the switch to turn it on.
    No power led, no mic led, no led left to the dip switch(wich was on before as i can remember)

can you just check all wiring and connections? maybe something came loose from the fall

then, i would also suggest you perform some sort of religious purification ritual on this projector, all sorts of bad things happening to it...

just don't get frustrated and give up, every problem makes you wiser
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    can you just check all wiring and connections? maybe something came loose from the fall

then, i would also suggest you perform some sort of religious purification ritual on this projector, all sorts of bad things happening to it...

just don't get frustrated and give up, every problem makes you wiser
    Indeed, i need some purification or something, any ideas? :P
    I already checked all cables more then 5 times now. Nothing is loose, the dip switches just aint working anymore.

As the dipswitches are just a simple interface board for the dmx board, I would personally be looking at the DMX board. Check all IC chips are firmly seated after the fall.

As has already been said, if you unplug the dipswitch board, the DMX board defaults to a state of auto-trigger/sound triggering. If you are not getting this, then it suggests that the DMX board is up the spout or at least not powered.

I would also tend to agree that it sounds like a case of bad Ju-Ju. A chicken sacrifice may work, but we tend to just plumb for the goat and be done with it on cases as bad as this.

Of course a financial sacrifice for a half decent projector would have been the best preventative action, leading to not having to open it up on the bench resulting in dropping incidents...