Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: YAG head

Oh nice!! Yeah im good untill 3500nm then im not so good....lol
    This one says 2.94 micros wavelenght...not sure what the NM would be...
    I would think this flash pot would work if I turned the power down and got some water flow going I just dont want to blow the tube up....

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

OK I just ran cross this on ebay..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Er-YAG-laser-/15...item230d3ec34c

Heres what it says..
    "This unit is ready for turn key operations. Basic technical skills as well as a safety precautions required ! The kit is include safety glasses, 2 KWT HV switching power supply ,bank of discharge caps, head with optics , flash lamp and embedded firing transformer , igniter , manual / PLC control interface, water pump , manual for power supply. adjustable pulse rate 2-30 pps and pulse power 100-700 mJ ,which give you 20 W beam power ! 120/220 VAC All what you need just connect a water ! Cheapest , fully functioning device on the market. Erbium laser - thanks to it ideal absorbtion by water and majority of polymers - king of a skin rejuvenation and "a must " tool for physics researches. Compact size ,simple operation , easy connections "

Strange how this matches the pps to this strobe....lol If this thing can do 20w Ill be hooked on YAGs!!!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Hey, that looks really hazardous and dangerous.
    Better send it to me....
    I can *take care of disposal* of it for yah.
    Hahaha!!!
    Half the stuff I own fits in the hazardous and dangerous catagory!!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Oh nice!! Yeah im good untill 3500nm then im not so good....lol
    This one says 2.94 micros wavelenght...not sure what the NM would be...
    I would think this flash pot would work if I turned the power down and got some water flow going I just dont want to blow the tube up....

DJ Matt
    If it's 2.94um AKA 2940nm, then it's Er:YAG. A 6" long flash tube would equate to around a 4" arc length. Unfortunately that doesn't give us gas fill type or pressure, but it's a good start. You can pull the lamp out and get the part number off the end of the anode. It should start with "NL". Check this out, lots of good info on how to properly power your lamp without frying it. http://www.heraeus-noblelight.com/fi...nal_lowres.pdf

Also, remember, not just water.... DI water. If you use tap water, you could have flash-overs that will break the lamp.

Exclamation Er:Yag

That's an er:yag head, I have a bunch of them. The capacitors that were used with these are 75 uF 1.5 KV. These lasers have a built in trigger module, so they are externally triggered. For long life you will have to 'simmer' the flashlamp as was originally done...

I'd be super careful with flashlamp power supplies as they are absolutely lethal

Ok i pulled the tube and the only number is 139-08
    Also I took a look inside and found that that there is now trigger wire anywere inside the head,to me it looks like it uses the water as a conductor for the trigger? maybe? the rod is pink and is clean as a bell so is the flash tube, looks new to me
    Im going to fill the head with some die elect. water and see what it will do.

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Ok i pulled the tube and the only number is 139-08
    Also I took a look inside and found that that there is now trigger wire anywere inside the head,to me it looks like it uses the water as a conductor for the trigger? maybe? the rod is pink and is clean as a bell so is the flash tube, looks new to me
    Im going to fill the head with some die elect. water and see what it will do.

DJ Matt
    If you look closely inside the hole for the lamp, you should see a small bare wire spanning the length of the cavity on the opposite side to the rod.

found it...lol still wont fire with full 1000watts of stobe power going in to it.....but it did seem a bit brighter
    the tube has a blueish arc inside of it,also its only getting 1kvdc from this strobe...so Im guessing it has to have the 1.5kvdc? I think Im going to stick to my gas lasers...lol!!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

OK..I got the chraging PSU,wich turned out to be brand new Cranks out 1.5kvDC@1.29amps
    So after some testing with some 500volt caps. and I could get 924volts, brighter but still nothing, this due in part, they are the smallest ones I have,so tom. I can get the others out and really get something going I hope...
    Oh if your looking for a great charging PSU, theres a guy this got some on ebay for $18.00
    and being you can add a pot to the control and carge fomr 1-1.5kv

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

OK..I got the chraging PSU,wich turned out to be brand new Cranks out 1.5kvDC@1.29amps
    So after some testing with some 500volt caps. and I could get 924volts, brighter but still nothing, this due in part, they are the smallest ones I have,so tom. I can get the others out and really get something going I hope...
    Oh if your looking for a great charging PSU, theres a guy this got some on ebay for $18.00
    and being you can add a pot to the control and carge fomr 1-1.5kv

DJ Matt
    Yeah, those supplies are pretty sweet, and brand new! If you need some help wiring one up, I can help. Very dangerous BTW, be careful. 1A@1.5KV will put you into cardiac arrest faster than you can say, Oh FU..... Can you post a video of the flashlamp firing in the cavity? It should be a well pronounced "POP". YAG has a fairly efficient lasing threshold. It could be that your mirrors got knocked out of wack and that's why your not lasing. Or it's an amplifier stage but I highly doubt that. Can you take some closer and more detailed pics of the head. We may be missing something. Oh, that shutter is open, right?