Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: my projector fell....whats wrong with it now? please help..

It doesnt work to chance the dip switches to get to sound activation or auto mode. The led next to the switches should turn on, but does not

@dnar: thats not my fault it does that, and to be honest thats the least of my concerns now. If i could change that i would.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

did you try removing the ribbon cable that goes to the dip switchs from the dmx board? When you remove that cable it will automatically go into sound active mode. If nothing happens when you pull that cable it could be dmx board or something down the line from it. I think the dmx board gets power from one of those galvo amps (15v I think) maybe measure if its getting power?

Quote Originally Posted by aktopjian View Post
    did you try removing the ribbon cable that goes to the dip switchs from the dmx board? When you remove that cable it will automatically go into sound active mode. If nothing happens when you pull that cable it could be dmx board or something down the line from it. I think the dmx board gets power from one of those galvo amps (15v I think) maybe measure if its getting power?
    i already tried removing that ribbon cable, no success.

i have a multimeter. please tell me how to measure ^^

Your location is missing from your profile; maybe somebody near to you can take a look at it?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Your location is missing from your profile; maybe somebody near to you can take a look at it?
    fixed .

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    This morning something of my clothes hooked up with my projector then it dropped on the floor. a not so hard but also not so soft floor. i think it was hit on its side but i am not sure.
    Anyways it stopped working...
    Floors and lasers don't mix

all LED's inside are lit, cooling is on and working, but the lasers and galvos wont do a thing.
    EDIT2: a red led on the left side is not blinking anymore...next to the dip switches...
    I would start by checking the "DMX-board" - is it getting power?
    Check if the connector is properly connected to the board - one of the solder joints may have cracked.

Check solder joints on all "big" components on the board.

If all this checks out, disconnect the cables from the board, so that it only has power, the dip switch board, and one of the lasers connected - does it turn on the laser after a couple of seconds?

If yes, connect another laser, test again, and continue to connect one thing at a time - when it stops working again, you have found the fault.

Good luck!

/Thomas
    Last edited by Badpip; 01-13-2011 at 13:55. Reason: typo

Oh, btw - looks like the power connector is the one with a yellow, a black and a red wire. Try measuring the voltage on these wires (yellow and black) + (red and black)

/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    Floors and lasers don't mix

I would start by checking the "DMX-board" - is it getting power?
    Check if the connector is properly connected to the board - one of the solder joints may have cracked.

Check solder joints on all "big" components on the board.

If all this checks out, disconnect the cables from the board, so that it only has power, the dip switch board, and one of the lasers connected - does it turn on the laser after a couple of seconds?

If yes, connect another laser, test again, and continue to connect one thing at a time - when it stops working again, you have found the fault.

Good luck!

/Thomas
    The lasers are connected to the board next to it, not the dmx board.
    How can i see/find out if a solder joint cracked? Dont even know what it is sorry.
    And i still have not heard how to set and use the multimeter to check for power so cant do that...

Thanks

The lasers are connected to the board next to it, not the dmx board.
    Yes the lasers connect to the blue board (This is the laser driver, and it obviously works)

Okay, we agree that the DMX board is the big red one, right?

There has to be some blanking controls coming from it - we'll find em don't worry

Can you take a good picture of the board? It's hard to see any details in the vid.

How can i see/find out if a solder joint cracked? Dont even know what it is sorry.
    Pic of broken solder joints: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoorLocks9.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	22972

And i still have not heard how to set and use the multimeter to check for power so cant do that...
    Thanks
    It will most likely have a "V=" or "Vdc" marked group of numbers - should be one marked "200" - set the meter on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    Yes the lasers connect to the blue board (This is the laser driver, and it obviously works)

Okay, we agree that the DMX board is the big red one, right?

There has to be some blanking controls coming from it - we'll find em don't worry

Can you take a good picture of the board? It's hard to see any details in the vid.

Pic of broken solder joints: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoorLocks9.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	22972

It will most likely have a "V=" or "Vdc" marked group of numbers - should be one marked "200" - set the meter on that.
    i have yet to test with the multimeter and im to afraid to screw the plate loose to check there for broken solder joints.

I do have ordered the PT-30k from phenix and a new PT-ITRUST set.
    hopefully they will be enough to make this thing work, and make it even better

and on a side offtopic note: there are really not much moderators around here