Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 445 2 Watts Fact of fiction

Default Photonic disruptor

[QUOTE=mmuhler;180580]He is correct about that its not called disrupter is called a Dazer http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20011548-71.html look at the article the cops are using them they are also using them on ships in Somalia to keep pirates away from the ships quite effective as I under stand.

NO - When I said "Photonic DISRUPTOR", I meant PRECISELY WHAT I SAID. Wicked Lasers used to sell them. See: http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/P...ptor-65-3.html

The DAZER is a knock-off... and the Photonic DISRUPTOR uses not ONLY a de-focused GREEN beam, but there is a small piece of micro-fine fresnel lens "gel" at the aperture that serves to de-polarize the beam. THAT is why at 200mw, the device does not PERMANENTLY blind you - even at point-blank range. Awesome Lasers has engineers on contract that have done projects for NASA, and built equipment for US Navy SEALS. So TALK all you want to - that drives more visitors to us, and we thank you... but please, if you have any doubts or questions, CALL. Unlike some people in this industry, WE ANSWER THE PHONE, and we deliver products that are EXACTLY as we describe them. Anybody who is our customer ALWAYS comes away happy. More than that, you can't ask for.

I personally, am a Vietnam Vet -'70-'71 (USAF Crypto / SpecOps. MOS 30650 /F Top Secret SSIR clearance. Author of "Land of Childhood's Fears" which has 9 PAGES on Google. Retired from IBM (25 yrs) Did forensic software (data recovery) for FBI, DEA, and Redstone Arsenal from 1996 to 1998, did undercover work for NYS Attorney General Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at 120 Broadway, NYC. and now I have my own business. I run a dozen Web sites - one for Veterans For Constitutional Law, LTD who won a MAJOR Supreme Court case 3 years ago on behalf of disabled / injured veterans ( see www.vfcll.com ). I am a Born-Again Christian (see: www.Net4TruthUSA.com/ns-testimony.htm )We do our part for God and Country, and we step on a lot of "toes" in the process. We get OURS stepped on in retaliation. Factions in the US Government have tried to KILL Art Bernklau of VFCLL on several occasions - call him if you don't believe me - his number is on the Web site. This is ROUTINE STUFF for us. They harass us, arrest us, try to run us off the road, wiretap VFCLL's phones... we know, and they KNOW that we know. It's as close to the Mad Magazine cartoon "spy vs. spy" as you get in real life. But we do it because if WE don't, nobody else is willing to take the "slings and arrows" that go along with it. I can handle it. Water off a duck's back. Romans *;28, and Genesis 50:20.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTrent View Post
    There IS a way to use a Dr. Lava Microboost Driver to achieve 1,500mw TRUE output. Current draw from the battery will be on the order of 1600 to 1700 mA. All you have to do is change the inductor and one SMT resistor. You also have to provide heat sinking to the pill - you can use Arctic Silver and a small strip of copper to thermally "connect" the surface of the regulator chip to the pill. Dr Lava also failed to solder the heat sink on the bottom of the regulator chip to a copper "land" on the board as the manufacturer recommends, but at the power level the board was originally designed for, the extra heat sink wasn't necessary.... and there was no reason to go through the added trouble of using solder paste and a heat gun - which is the ONLY way to solder UNDERNEATH an SMT chip (between the chip and the board). This info was not originally posted on the eBay Web site due to an editing error. If you bought the diode from Awesome Lasers, you got the info on how to do it. How that ad ended up on German eBay is beyond me - WE sure didn't post it there. AND BTW - those were NOT the XJA-130 diodes that Wicked Lasers uses in their Arctics - these are NCH diodes that are WAY more efficient, and run cooler. We've driven them to 2,000mA for many DAYS continuously (off a regulated Power Supply and with adequate heat-sinking) and they've passed with flying colors. Pill temperatures reached 140 degrees F, and they ran as long as we had power on. These diodes are not available in the US - we get them on strips (that were originally part of a spool magazine for some sort of robot assembly line) from a source I am not at liberty to reveal.

He is correct about that its not called disrupter is called a Dazer http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20011548-71.html look at the article the cops are using them they are also using them on ships in Somalia to keep pirates away from the ships quite effective as I under stand.

NO - When I said "Photonic DISRUPTOR", I meant PRECISELY WHAT I SAID. Wicked Lasers used to sell them. See: http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/P...ptor-65-3.html

The DAZER is a knock-off... and the Photonic DISRUPTOR uses not ONLY a de-focused GREEN beam, but there is a small piece of micro-fine fresnel lens "gel" at the aperture that serves to de-polarize the beam. THAT is why at 200mw, the device does not PERMANENTLY blind you - even at point-blank range. Awesome Lasers has engineers on contract that have done projects for NASA, and built equipment for US Navy SEALS. So TALK all you want to - that drives more visitors to us, and we thank you... but please, if you have any doubts or questions, CALL. Unlike some people in this industry, WE ANSWER THE PHONE, and we deliver products that are EXACTLY as we describe them. Anybody who is our customer ALWAYS comes away happy. More than that, you can't ask for.

I personally, am a Vietnam Vet -'70-'71 (USAF Crypto / SpecOps. MOS 30650 /F Top Secret SSIR clearance. Author of "Land of Childhood's Fears" which has 9 PAGES on Google. Retired from IBM (25 yrs) Did forensic software (data recovery) for FBI, DEA, and Redstone Arsenal from 1996 to 1998, did undercover work for NYS Attorney General Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at 120 Broadway, NYC. and now I have my own business. I run a dozen Web sites - one for Veterans For Constitutional Law, LTD who won a MAJOR Supreme Court case 3 years ago on behalf of disabled / injured veterans ( see www.vfcll.com ). I am a Born-Again Christian (see: www.Net4TruthUSA.com/ns-testimony.htm )We do our part for God and Country, and we step on a lot of "toes" in the process. We get OURS stepped on in retaliation. Factions in the US Government have tried to KILL Art Bernklau of VFCLL on several occasions - call him if you don't believe me - his number is on the Web site. This is ROUTINE STUFF for us. They harass us, arrest us, try to run us off the road, wiretap VFCLL's phones... we know, and they KNOW that we know. It's as close to the Mad Magazine cartoon "spy vs. spy" as you get in real life. But we do it because if WE don't, nobody else is willing to take the "slings and arrows" that go along with it. I can handle it. Water off a duck's back. Romans *;28, and Genesis 50:20.
    I'm just going to quote all this "interesting stuff" for future generations to see.

also, pics of the spool, please. I don't even want a zoomed out shot, just one with the diode in the spool.

Default The correct term is "Pill"

You want a photo of "the diode in the SPOOL"??? The correct term is "PILL". What will that prove or not prove? You won't see any numbers or anything!

The internals of our PILL is proprietary. We seal them with CERAMIC EPOXY to make them water, shock, and tamper proof. The PILL is a FRU - and in case you are not well versed in the terminology here, that means "Field Replacable Unit". Photos of the PILL are on the Web site. Proof of concept is in people's hands as we speak. Back-orders are being filled and we have done what we said we could do.

2000mw is even possible with an XJA-130 / 140 diode: Video from one of the more respected LASER Enthusiasts on the forums so you need not take MY word for it. Is 2 WATTS handheld possible? YES... and I believe he's running that thing on sub-C-batteries (I could be mistaken).
    LASER DIODE RUNNING AT 1750 mA yields a bit over 2 WATTS (2,000mw)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSRF8pu7vM&feature=player_embedded#

BTW, in the future, when you INSULT people, don't expect ANY response. I'm in a good mood today because our engineers left here yesterday with big smiles on account of they accomplished what all the amatuers said could not be done.

"Spool", INDEED!

Good achievement on power, although long term longetivity is always the real test, pity you decided to channel it into pointers.

Default I got an MXDL Host 445 from Awesome a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    That guy smells like Dark Lasers that was thrown off LPF for
    making outrageous claims on lasers he was building/selling
    then ripping members off because he couldn't supply what
    he claimed and wouldn't refund the customer...

Not saying he's the same guy... but he sure sounds like the
    same snake oil salesman...

As to the claims on LPF of 1.9Watts... I would ask on which
    LPM that reading was taken before I would accept the results
    as facts..
    But I guess that's just me...

Jerry
    Not for nuthin' guys, I bought a "1,500mw" 445 blue unit in an MXDL host from Awesome Lasers about a year ago. I use it to chase geese off my golf course. I wanted another one, but they discontinued that one in favor of their new one, so I ordered it last week after speaking to them on the phone. I use my 445 almost every night and it has held up fine. It came in a "kit" I had to assemble, but it was real easy. It is holding up just fine, and they got it to me in 2 weeks, which is more than I can say for the people in Shanghai, as I never received the ARCTIC I ordered before I talked to Dave at Awesome. My friend has an Arctic without the green button, and I dont have a power meter, but my MXDL unit is almost twice as bright as the Arctic. They've been around quite a while, and I think you are talking about different people. I believe one of their lasers was on future weapons or one of those military programs.

You want a photo of "the diode in the SPOOL"??? The correct term is "PILL". What will that prove or not prove? You won't see any numbers or anything!

The internals of our PILL is proprietary. We seal them with CERAMIC EPOXY to make them water, shock, and tamper proof. The PILL is a FRU - and in case you are not well versed in the terminology here, that means "Field Replacable Unit". Photos of the PILL are on the Web site. Proof of concept is in people's hands as we speak. Back-orders are being filled and we have done what we said we could do.

2000mw is even possible with an XJA-130 / 140 diode: Video from one of the more respected LASER Enthusiasts on the forums so you need not take MY word for it. Is 2 WATTS handheld possible? YES... and I believe he's running that thing on sub-C-batteries (I could be mistaken).
    LASER DIODE RUNNING AT 1750 mA yields a bit over 2 WATTS (2,000mw)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSRF8pu7vM&feature=player_embedded#

BTW, in the future, when you INSULT people, don't expect ANY response. I'm in a good mood today because our engineers left here yesterday with big smiles on account of they accomplished what all the amatuers said could not be done.

"Spool", INDEED!
    You are so full of crap that YOU don't even listen to what you are saying. Your picture on eBay clearly showed not only that the pins had solder residue on them and that the case pin was cut short, but that it also had residue left over from where you overheated the pin and melted some of the plastic spacer onto it.

Your criminal record would be enough to keep me away from you. However, if that is not enough for some, lying about what you are selling should warn off anyone else

Peace,
    dave

Spool, tape reel, etc..
    You said you got your diodes from one of those. All I request is a picture of a diode in one of those assemblies to verify authenticity. I have been through my fair share of those so I would know what they look like

Ever think of posting your own materials and research? quoting others work isn't very hard to do...

michaeltrento, surely your nick and join date is not coincidental with davetrents?

You want a photo of "the diode in the SPOOL"???
    Yeah, as in: The kind of thing the MANUFACTURER (Nichia) would ship the things to Casio. Ready for action in some pick and place machine...

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, post some photos. Preferably a spool (or reel, or tape) sealed in the factory plastic with label on it.

The internals of our PILL is proprietary...
    Where did I hear that before? Some show with 670nm and dancers scanning static beams into the audience if I recall? Hiding behind some magic unicorns who sprinkled the diodes with fairy dust won't really convince us of the authenticity of your claims. Let alone make them verifiable by third parties through peer review...

We seal them with CERAMIC EPOXY...
    I'd like to have a pound of that stuff while you're at it. Ever heard of thermosetting epoxy, let alone ceramic? As I recall, ceramic is kind of silicon-based (you know, glass, porcelain) and brittle as hell. Sure, great heat capacity, but it does miracles for your 'tamper-proof'-ness. Seems like your testing department was short on hammers, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    michaeltrento, surely your nick and join date is not coincidental with davetrents?
    what makes you say that??? a trent and a trento joining at the same time, defending the same topic???

i don't give a flying f@ck about flame wars on forums, but this one takes the cake for this month. keep it up!

chase geese of a golf course!!! ha ha ha ha ha!!!
    "its called character briggs..."

Default I smell feet

Trent and Trento....

I smell something right here in this thread.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sock_puppet_2_small.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	23555

Smells like feet and alot of bullshit.