Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone up for a forum - wide project?

I just saw some pictures of the stinger...

Wow! Thats all custom? I like it!

You said something about a hotter diode, Im sure we can help with that here.

Hack Guest

Yup its all custom. The diode I have in it now is working good. I'm more concerned about a new crystal assembly. The new version looks much better than the pics you saw. As soon as I get a camera i'll post more.
    Tony

i will recomend you to use THIS battery:

http://cgi.ebay.com/11-1V-4000Lithiu...QQcmdZViewItem

If you use 2 batterys like this, then you got power for a long time.
    And the size of this is very small !

This is the same battery I use on my heli only that mine is 2200mAh

I did also try a project on a homemade XENON flash light, then I did use a Lipoly battery to run the XENON ballast 12volt

im going to have to get my hands on a unit to disassemble first, then I will be able to work on making it portable. The hobby batteries as used in helis is a great idea liteglow. Drilling holes is another one too. I will work on the power source and let you know what I come up with.. the casing shouldn't be much of an issue to get machined locally... I will see what I can come up with

Um...see that little thing in my hand? That's a 0.25W submersible in my hand, which I popped together likeabout two and a half years or so ago. It peaks to likeabout 400mW.

A handheld is fun, sure...but you can only do a line and a dot. I would muchrather have my modules loaded into projectors and making absolutely lovely patterns, pictures, stuff in the air and on the walls, than a line, and dot in a handheld. Can't take it anywhere, can't do anything with it - if I fire it off - I get into instant trouble with it...*sigh*...

Just had to say....

myshutupnow
    -Max-
    Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

I have been wondering a bit about that lately.

What does one do with a 2-300mw handheld laser?

And after about 50mw it seems to me all I could do with it is run into trouble.

Yet I see many vendors offering uber powerfull handhelds.

Would someone please explain?

I do understand the fascination of portability.

Thanks

LOL... I was just about to bring up the dual 200mW reds myself

But ponder this... AOMs can do 3 degrees scanning at unbelievably fast
    speeds.

as i have told spec, I will eventually be getting into scanning.. and will probably be getting some parts from him... I just also happen to be into handhelds... im fascinated with simple beams, and everything that goes into what makes that beam, and therefore enjoy seeing that simple beam @ its brightest. I would like to be able to take a stable module on camping trips (in some sort of Pelican brand case of course) and see it @ its full potential. I simply love lasers, no matter what form; I happen to enjoy portables b/c of the fact that I can carry that much technology @ science around the house with me (my lasers never go in public, unless its to a Pink Floyd laser show, hehe).

Anyway, I can discuss, all of this more @ length later... gotta run for now...

-Brett