Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Index start page photonlexicon.com

Default Index start page photonlexicon.com

The start page to photonlexicon.com is not so "completed"
    But everyone here just enter the forum\gallery directly, and dont use that page much !

But as i start to se that photonlexicon.com is appering more and more when you do a google search on laser
    Maybe it`s time to give the visitors a nice and clean start page ? :roll:

I dont think we need any fancy laser-crazy-green-blue-photo stuff on the front page... (the pic that is there now is great)

I know many of the ppl that is using this forum daily got some nice home-pages..
    So what about a list on the start page with our names and links to the home-pages ?

like we are a group, and there is link to all of our "project" home pages

Many users here got theyr own homebuild laserscanner, and a section at the front page linking to them can be cool ... :roll: :roll:

that was only a idea from me
    what do you think ?

Thumbs up

Heh, good new stuff on the index page... We got wiki.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

OMG

What has Spec been on???

Here's just one small part of the wiki...

"Toothpaste lasers are not recommended for use on the genitals without first applying shaving cream to them, as geniticular viagris and liquidating of the testicles may occur. "

Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Great idea about the homepage and as for the wiki I just wet myself laughing!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

- "Lasers can be used for everything from eyeball surgery to destroying bulldozers (provided you move the switch from "Eyeball" to "Bulldozer")."
    -paraphrased from Dave Barry

Cool

I like the idea of a wiki, but honestly I prefer the current layout of the forums to the new one. Yeah, the new one has more info, but it appears more cluttered. Eh - call me old-fashioned I guess.

Still, it appears that our fearless leader has indeed been busy behind the scenes!

Adam

Adam
    I think you missed something here - the forum homepage is unchanged all thats changed is the index to the domain so if yoy type in www.photonlexicon.com you get an overview of the forum whereas going to www.photonlexicon.com/forums gives you what it always did.
    I think the new homepage works great if you come into the forum from outside and dont know what it is and it has a neat summary of whats available and whats going on.
    Personally I just have a shortcut to the /forums bit at the top of my favorites so I rarely see the domain index page.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Adam
    I think you missed something here - the forum homepage is unchanged all thats changed is the index to the domain so if yoy type in www.photonlexicon.com you get an overview of the forum whereas going to www.photonlexicon.com/forums gives you what it always did.
    Hi Rob;

Yeah, I know. Spec sent me a PM a couple weeks ago to show me the new overview beta. I understand why he did it, I was just saying that I prefer to use the existing interface. Note that you can access all the forums from that overview page rather than using the old interface. I just don't like to.
    I think the new homepage works great if you come into the forum from outside and dont know what it is and it has a neat summary of whats available and whats going on.
    Good point. And I'm sure that's why Spec put it up. The old home page (with the retardo-smiley) was kinda lacking content-wise.
    Personally I just have a shortcut to the /forums bit at the top of my favorites so I rarely see the domain index page.
    I just use the recent history button, since it's always in the top 5 recent sites. (Yeah, I'm hopelessly addicted!) And on the laser computer, it's set as my home page. (On the other machines in the house the home page is google.)

Adam

hahahaha yep me too my tablet pc that runs mamba has PL as homepage

And I agree retard smiley was lacking content wise - but I did love it so.

Rob

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I agree retard smiley was lacking content wise - but I did love it so.
    Yeah - kinda like a little piece of history there. One of these days I need to make a show that uses that retardo-smiley ILDA file... Just for the hell of it!

Adam