Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coolest Looking Laser Hosts?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    A.45 cal 1911 auto loaded with +P hollow points would be cheaper and more reliable....
    And probably rip my lil arm off, or break a wrist when I fire it, although I will admit the results would be a lil more satisfying but probably messier. Depends on the restraint of the maglite swinger. If I got a gun I would want to get a permit to take it with me places; I don't need a weapon when I drive... really. I have thought about a shotgun for the home protection route but a maglite that I am imagining can't cost much more than $100 or so to build. I know that 1911 costs more than that; the shotgun probably does too... but I get yer point.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 02-02-2011 at 15:53.

Default Cool laser hosts

Stukas post a while back on this thread
    Good to hear you've got safety in mind!

Having said that -
    What use would you possibly have for a hand-held 2-watt laser?

That amount of laser power belongs in a projector with proper safety features, galvos, and a decent computer interface!

That would definitely keep the "wow" factor lasting a lot longer, and a LOT safer!

Amen Stuka

And now for a little bedtime horror story
    Once upon a time there lived a flourishing but small entertainment industry known for really cool looking outdoor laser beam displays the beam displays were all over Las Vegas and other places in the US and they were admired by all. The people that created them were very careful to follow safety rules with the FAA and the money from creating these displays was flowing all over the land. Then one night a Father and his idiot Son decided it would be cool to duplicate these beam effects in there back yard with a very bright green laser pointer. That night they decide to see if they could hit a commercial airliner thinking this would be really cool! as dumb luck would have it not only did they hit the aircraft but they hit the windshield of the aircraft and this caused the pilot of the aircraft to be temporarily blinded putting all of the passengers at risk. This made the FAA very angry they figured out where the laser beam came from and pressed charges against the father and his idiot son then they decided to make the rules much harder for the people that were following them (The Laser light show industry) and this caused many of them to have to close up shop
    The laser show industry did not live happily ever after.

Sparkles, this bedtime story is true so please think about what you intend to do with this thing and know that you can and will burn someones retina with the thing just by having it reflect off a shiny surface learn about laser safety before making it please!!!!! and under no circumstance shine it in the night sky or any sky for that matter!!! The Forum you have been trolling are all laser light show people in case you did not notice. And now I think you have better understanding of why we are really not too keen on portable devices like this! Thanks
    Last edited by mmuhler; 02-02-2011 at 16:16.