Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casio A150 projector

Default Casio A150 projector

i see these 3000 lumen projectors are on the market, what do we recon slightly better quality diodes?

or same ones just pushed harder
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I have an A150 from a GB at LPF. I originally planned on thoroughly testing its power and wavelength with my spectrometer (ca$i0 claims to have changed the blue wavelengths), however I never got around to it. To power output is consistent with the A140 diodes, and to my eye it looks to be the same wavelength.

let down .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    let down .
    Not necessarily: It doesn't explain the increased luminosity.

Either they have more efficient optics down the train (e.g. DMD) or there's more under this thing's hood like a new source of green that allows all of the light from the blue source to be used as actual blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    Not necessarily: It doesn't explain the increased luminosity.

Either they have more efficient optics down the train (e.g. DMD) or there's more under this thing's hood like a new source of green that allows all of the light from the blue source to be used as actual blue.
    If I recall correctly, they also mentioned specifically tweaking the green fluorescing material.

The A150 and later model A140 projectors have the diodes arranged slightly closer together, which presumably allows them to get slightly higher green conversion efficiency or better coupling into the DMD chip, although I can't imagine it was all that is responsible for the 20% increase in output.
    Last edited by krazer; 02-08-2011 at 23:44. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    The A140 and later model A140 projectors have the diodes arranged slightly closer together, which presumably allows them to get slightly higher green conversion efficiency or better coupling into the DMD chip, although I can't imagine it was all that is responsible for the 20% increase in output.
    curious question: is the wattage rating of the projector the same as the A140?

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    The A140 and later model A140 projectors have the diodes arranged slightly closer together, which presumably allows them to get slightly higher green conversion efficiency or better coupling into the DMD chip, although I can't imagine it was all that is responsible for the 20% increase in output.
    Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    curious question: is the wattage rating of the projector the same as the A140?
    Am I missing something here?

krazer - "The 140 and the later 140 projectors have . . . . ."

csshih - "Is this the same as the 140?"

Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    Am I missing something here?

krazer - "The 140 and the later 140 projectors have . . . . ."

csshih - "Is this the same as the 140?"
    mine was getting somewhat back on topic, comparing the 140 and the 150 and trying to figure out whether it's an efficacy increase or more power being pushed into the diodes.. or both?

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    mine was getting somewhat back on topic, comparing the 140 and the 150 and trying to figure out whether it's an efficacy increase or more power being pushed into the diodes.. or both?
    Ahhhh. The indistinct reference (the projector), following on the heels of krazer's post about A140 projectors, threw me off.

Peace,
    dave