Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SoCaLEM - After Effects ...

Sorry Jon, I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by goninanbl00d View Post
    Sorry Jon, I couldn't resist

I'll never tell...

I had a really great time at my first LEM last weekend! Hangin' out with others who really appreciate lasers and the wonderful light they give us was certainly worth the cost to attend. We should do this more often.

This gathering left me inspired to build a lumia projector for my home, and scanners for my bicycle. I brought 30 vintage lasers, 5 meters and a handful of other old laser artifacts from my collection (about half), and was happy to poke a few new holes in that razor blade after realizing where all the energy was going. Really happy to see the neat pics of sparks flying! And everyone loved seeing Maiman's very first laser presented as a hologram mounted in a box, both made by Gary Cullen last May.

So here's to DSLIJon for putting it all together, and all those who attended!

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    Also, I got bored this evening and made a new website for images.

http://incoherentphotography.com/

Irony, yes.
    This images are in reverse chronological order.
    hmm. I still need to find a better way to display them. I've never used this software before but I figured out how to tweak it a bit.
    Oh well. off to bed. maybe I'll come up with an idea then.
    LOL! I love that the pictures of our "mini pre-LEM's" that we had at the house, every morning, before driving in to the SoCaLEM, are mixed in there

Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    LOL! I love that the pictures of our "mini pre-LEM's" that we had at the house, every morning, before driving in to the SoCaLEM, are mixed in there *
    haha, hey - those were excellent mini-LEMs.

anyways. I've had a nights rest and am now coherent.
    that website is obviously not.
    I'll be redoing it after classes this evening if I don' get too distracted.
    Categories, removing repeats, etc..

Just wanted to quickly say thank you to all those who attended. I also want to thank Jon for taking the laser by the cathode and pushing this event through. Great meeting all the people that came out. This certainly surpassed my expectations and the vibe was absolutely great. There was a good amount of laser history and future at this event. We had a chance to experience the most amazing collection of antique lasers. We also had a chance to showcase the future of laser light show control by showcasing the Photon Dream Ipad and Iphone real time app. This was quite an experience and has definitely inspired us to get off our lazy butts and get cranking on our DAC/software combo.
    The event was especially meaningful in many ways by having the creator of laser entertainment (Laserium) Ivan Dryer join us.

Great to meet all of you guys.

ivan

Great LEM!

Thanks Jon for all of the hard work and effort that went into making this happen, especially for the Laserium system & display we were treated to, as well as being able to meet Ivan. You rock man - it couldn't have happened without you! Venue was nice, setup was nice, shows were nice (more shows needed into next year! - this should be a full two-day event!)

Thanks also to Bob for bringing out the "laser museum", another rare opportunity! It was great talking with everyone, exchanging ideas and laser experiences. To all that hauled gear to the event, both laser, cameras and computers - thanks!

To Chris & Adam - the lumia effects were great! Definitely needed for all future LEM's!

Looking forward to talking to all on the forum!

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

F*** me, that's some bloody impressive gear! Those laserium effects are great!

Looks like you guys had a great time.

WOW! That was fun!

Great pics and video guys! I'll have to do it again sometime. I'm dealing with this and -5 DegC right now...

Default Nice hood ornament!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    WOW! That was fun!

Great pics and video guys! I'll have to do it again sometime. I'm dealing with this and -5 DegC right now...

where can I get one of those?
    Will there be three phase!!!!