Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: FLEM 9 scheduled for April 2nd in Tavares, FL!

Thanks to everyone for a great time on Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040211.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	24384

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Bottom line, no one could get a signal strong enough to run a live feed.
    Same applied at the UKLEM, it's in very rural countryside and 3g signals are a rarity. Sadly no broadband connection at the hall either .

One of these days we'll get hooked up. I'm hoping to be able to do some live streaming from the UK ShowLEM in July.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

well, not been there myself, but i would like to take the opportunity to thank buffo, Laserjock, flecom and of course DZ for taking the time and comparing DZs power meter readings with their own equipment. now all have to do is wait for this meter to arrive and i'll have it sit down and tell me all about the FLEM

thanks a lot guys!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    well, not been there myself, but i would like to take the opportunity to thank buffo, Laserjock, flecom and of course DZ for taking the time and comparing DZs power meter readings with their own equipment. now all have to do is wait for this meter to arrive and i'll have it sit down and tell me all about the FLEM

thanks a lot guys!
    Glad I could help, even though I didn't know I was.

Lazerjock

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post

thanks a lot guys!
    IIRC the conclusion was its a crapshoot no matter what you use lol

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    IIRC the conclusion was its a crapshoot no matter what you use lol

you know better than me, after all, i don't even have a lasermeter yet. but if you use it to extract relative conclusions i.e. i am loosing x% through the dichro, or i get an x% increase with that lens, or that dichro angle, then it is usefull to me. still better than nothing! thanks again!

absolute power readings are not so important to me right now, or else i would get a l----scope and happily chop my self to pieces at my own leisure
    "its called character briggs..."

Thumbs up

I had a great time as always and it was good to see those that showed up.. even the ones that were REAL late...