Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New toys!!

Cool

Well I hope this weekend to shoot some more videos,but this week has just been strange..
    Ill have to start a new thread with the 165 I just got..This is one of the gray heads,with the 265 connected together,Ive never seen one like it before,but just to give some background..the tube is still gas intacted,but the whole water jacket form the bell all the way to the anode was broken.. So the plan is to try and rebuild a new water jacket out of fiberglass ( which I love to work with) and see if I cant make a new water jacket
    So far ive removed all the broken parts,which wasnt easy...this glass can not be cut!!
    Im useing a pipe with wax paper, and a relase spray as a mold, so far Im up to 3 layers,I think 4 should work,ounce it sets, its like steel almost!! Now how to seal it to the anode and bell,im not sure yet..but Ive got a few tricks to use!!
    As for the head...Ive still got to pull the mag, and change out a few things, and try to pop out all the dents. I think maybe 2 weeks it might lase again!!
    Ive still got to finish the 168
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Lightbulb Listen to the P'fessor...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...trust me on this. run at 32-35 amps MAX!
    Seconded. Especially with this being a Kr... I would cap-it at 32-33A, max...

...IF YOU CAN< CANCEL NOW!
    He can't... the 'quarter is up in the meter', at DSLI East, so it's gotta go, one way 'er another... as they say, 'Glass, Gas or PASS (Personal Argon Storage-Stipend
    no one rides for free'...

So, yeah, Mr Matt - will-be driving down thru yer neck of the woods next week - 'tween the 30th / 31st - I can *most-likely* fit the beast in our truck... suggest we hook up, en-route, somehow, so you can save on shipping...What's that? ...Sure! I'd be happy to accept a small donation for gas / handling, that'd be swell...

PM or call...
    cya
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

DSLI JON, If your coming by here, pick up the free new Argon tube for your Rochester SP.

Steve

Cool

Hey Steve -

DSLI JON, If your coming by here, pick up the free new Argon tube for your Rochester SP
    Thanks, but not driving here > there - I'll see if Delta will drop a tailhook when we pass-over...

'll get it, someday....thx..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=dsli_jon;187135]Hey Steve -

The skid pad gear on the back of the passenger jets lowers down but does not have a hook. RATS!

Jon,
    Soon, or its dumpster stock. Brand new 6-7 watt tube, I'm told. I got it as a get the ^%$# thing out of my warehouse, I need the space, gift. I may even have a magnet. No Matt, it fits in a 20xx frame, not a 164.

Steve

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Seconded. Especially with this being a Kr... I would cap-it at 32-33A, max...

He can't... the 'quarter is up in the meter', at DSLI East, so it's gotta go, one way 'er another... as they say, 'Glass, Gas or PASS (Personal Argon Storage-Stipend
    no one rides for free'...

So, yeah, Mr Matt - will-be driving down thru yer neck of the woods next week - 'tween the 30th / 31st - I can *most-likely* fit the beast in our truck... suggest we hook up, en-route, somehow, so you can save on shipping...What's that? ...Sure! I'd be happy to accept a small donation for gas / handling, that'd be swell...

PM or call...
    cya
    j
    You are the man!! Ill give you a buzz in just a few!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Ok this may be a dumb?? But I now have a whole mess of optics.... Is there some kind of chart or table that can tell me like purple/blueish opitc gives me...? or yellow gives me what?? Please help...lol!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default Ionics 554

Well today was the first day I got a chance to mess with it due to my cuzn getting married.
    But after fixing 2 small leaks,and 4 hours of alinment its a runner!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xydxwv5_3Sg

Only thing is.. it only lets me run at 20amps... and no more.. but Im thinking its due to my phase converter not likeing the buck-boost trans for this thing..

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Wink

Dammit man... have I called you a fiend yet? We need to get you and Brad into a laser aynonomus group.

lol!!! Still thanking a name change will be in order soon...lol
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt