Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-11 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 23-24-25th of September 2011

Finances have just improved :-) i see this ones a freebie now ! having been prepaid .... Price of fuel is getting ridiculas though ... UKLEM10 just cost £130 in fuel !!! im sure it was around £60-£70 for leicester for UKLEM-1 in 2007.

Bigger issue for this one is timing , during traditional holiday "sept weekend" in Scotland normally busy with family stuff and just back from disney paris on the Tues ... looks like i wont make it , and if i dont it wont be for the lack of trying

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Sorry need to intercede to bring you this important message .........

WARNING REGARDING MUGS PROVIDED AT UKLEMS

Just received this message from an attendee, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

"hi paul
    question who done those printed mugs for you ??
    who ever it was get a refund
    just used mine dam near killed me too.
    what ever they used to coat the mug after printing came off in big flakes and i guzzled down my tea and choked on aload
    plastic looking flakes.
    just thought you should know and warn others who have one not to use them "

These mugs were printed at a place in blackpool at grand cost of £3.50 each about two years ago on route to a LEM , must admit mine has been in almost daily use for two years with no probs apart from a bit of fading from use in dishwasher , i apologise in advance for any issues arising , but their creation was done with best intentions ,not to kill of any laserist compeition in scotland .........with little intrest in them they have been stored in my garage through a couple of harsh Scottish winters so may have afftcted coating ...

PLEASE CLEAN AND CHECK THOUROUGHLY BEFORE USE
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Default I'll be there.

Greetings gents!

How could I refuse after the last lem, it was a blast and you're all such nice guys!!!

I'd love to bring the Gasser again, Jim - how do you feel about that ? Did I hit the power bill much ??

I'd like to have as much running time as possible without power concerns, so if we can come up with a way to do this, that would be cool. I'd be willing to pay for my own power if we can work out a ballpark.

I can probably borrow a road tow Generator for nothing, but it's the (red) diesel that is usually the killer.. not sure if anyone else is interested in chipping in ? (Why would you when you can get free power for your nice efficiant solid state kit..)

Anyway just curious!

Also, anyone know if the ship is booked up yet ?

oh and PS: my mug is all good! dirty as fuck, but all good!

Cheers

N.

Usually the ship is quite fast booked.
    I know i have a room and expect Jem to be there as well.
    Don't know about other people (Dan, Robin ?) if they have booked.

I will bring some leftover mugs to replace them of people that had trouble with them.
    I use mine now everyday at work (ok, i handwash it but with boiling water) and still good.

Would be nice to see you again and the gasser !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I've got a room at the ship too so that doesnt leave many left..

Hope to have something ready to play with at this next meet - will be posting some build progress shots soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    I'd love to bring the Gasser again, Jim - how do you feel about that ? Did I hit the power bill much ??

I'd like to have as much running time as possible without power concerns, so if we can come up with a way to do this, that would be cool. I'd be willing to pay for my own power if we can work out a ballpark.

I can probably borrow a road tow Generator for nothing, but it's the (red) diesel that is usually the killer.. not sure if anyone else is interested in chipping in ? (Why would you when you can get free power for your nice efficient solid state kit..)

Anyway just curious!

Cheers

N.
    Ey up cock, no worries. Bring it and if you are willing to part with whatever you think is a decent sum to cover the leccy and water then I will pass that on to the hall caretaker as extra to the already agreed payment for the hall.
    I doubt very much they will disapprove.
    I have purchased, from EBay, a set of 3x 32A breakers that will fit that old board especially for such needs

-------------------------------------

The CAA outside laser approval form went in this morning chaps and chapesses

Which is now as simple as piss as it's all done online. You now fill out the form and press the submit button Far easier than their old, print it out, fill it in, scan it then re-email it back - system!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Not long now people

I guess you are all still coming
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I am Jim - missed ya this weekend - it seems wrong a LEM with no smoggies
    Cant wait for sept

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks RobStanwaxintonsmigmarnitts!

Considerin nearly every bugger has paid, it would be stooopid not too

I was thinking of yer all there bathing in photon luxury
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

I'll deffo be there Jim, and I second what Rob said about it not being the same without you at the ShowLEM.

Hope everything's well with you and the family.

Take care

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001