Thread: Wiring Help

Default Wiring Help

Hi, Looking for some help trying to wire up a projector Im trying to piece together. I took the galvos and amp out of a smaller projector I had sitting around and cant figure out how to wire them up. The amp for the galvos is a single board that only has power input (+18 g -18), power out (+15 g -15) and for the x, y it only has (X g Y). Is there any way to wire this to a dz break out board or is it not usable without the other boards that were in the other projector? I have a picture of the connections that I will attach.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connections.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	22764

You have a 'single ended' galvo amp.

Connect X+ to X+ on the breakout board, connect Y+ to Y+ on the breakout board, connect G to '25' ground on the breakout board; that's it.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You have a 'single ended' galvo amp.

Connect X+ to X+ on the breakout board, connect Y+ to Y+ on the breakout board, connect G to '25' ground on the breakout board; that's it.
    Yea... What he said.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thanks, that worked.