Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: SpringLEM 1 - The Netherlands 18 June @ Rijswijk

Nice one SrS (the replacing that is)
    Sorry to hear your schedule got messed up.
    you are still welcome at the LEM off course, I can't wait to see everyone again

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Ok I will send you a PM.
    I thought you were unable to attent though?
    Where'd you get that idea? I once said there was a 2-day anime convention this weekend in Belgium, the same Xudonax is going to, so we decided on twitter that we'll go on sunday. I never said anything about not going to LEM.
    Gear:
    660nm 220mW leadlight
    660nm 230mW lab
    660nm 250mW lab (COD)
    532nm 40mW from DX
    405nm 140mW pocket
    405nm 130mW pocket
    405nm 120mW lab
    405nm 15mW presentation pointer
    Magenta 25mW
    IR 135mW

I will also bring my Jem Pro 2000 with me and a fan. And I bring my camera with me. I have a lens with a diafragma of 1.8 I like to try
    Just take a shower en load the stuff in my car and I'll be on my way to my first LEM ever :P

This was a great lem, large party tent to shield us from the rain, superb catering from the family, large outdoor area for massive beamshows with pond to add aditional reflections, photos and film will follow soon.
    Now off to bed.
    Michel

2:21AM I'm still up, michelrietveld and hobbybob just went to bed (they got their own room with bed).
    I am currently drinking cola and eating candy.
    The LEM was a big success and the large party tent kept us dry perfectly.
    9 Laser projectors sure was awsome, raindrops made beautifull sparkles and a mesh also looked really cool.
    Food was going well as planned, we had plenty of food and loads of things, BBQ and everybody seemed very happy about the food.
    Everyone was using pangolin and it was nice to say hi to bill .

Nyancat made an appearance but not on film.
    Loads of pictures and some will be delayed a bit but eventually will be on there.

Y'all doing it again tomorrow?

We just had breakfast and I said goodbye to hobbybob and michelrietveld.
    it was great.
    while they were sleeping I was still lasering till ~5:00AM
    They were not surprised to see me with a glass of cola at ~11AM
    Thanks all for attending.
    Next stop: SELEM

Ok, here goes my review/report of the LEM.
    Yesterday at around 12 i arrived at the mansion where Master PJ lives, drove the car through the gates and the big partytent was already nicely setup in front of the beautiful house.

I ran 3 220V 16A groups to the tent from the house. The beautiful house was fitted with a 32A 3 Phase connector, so i placed my breakout box and ran cables over 50m to the tent.
    Pj and i setup the truss and rigged my RGB and 2x1W greens all the way to the site, leaving room for Michel and McCarrot and Srs their projectors.
    After having setup our gear, Michel already arrived and we put his waser (wooden laser) on the table nicely setup next to PJ's (former McCarrots) projector.
    So 3 RGB's nicely on the table. Later on Patrick and Mark came, Patrick came over from LPF and brought his very mobile laserpointer, Mark brought an excellent camera, he's very busy so the pictures will come, somewhere this month he promised!!!
    Patrick made a complete laserpointer that fitted in an Aixiz housing (so 3 batteries, module and a 7 part smd driver soldered directly onto the diode, although a pointer, still very impressive.
    Then Rizard showed up,we unload his car to be followed very soon afterwards by McCarrot and Srs. Now the party was complete.

In the begining it was nice weather but the forecasts were rain, rain and more rain.
    So placing the truss outside and projecting towards ourself wasn't possible.
    So quickly PJ's father made up a projection mesh, like 5x5m or something like that.
    We placed that in front of the tent and were able to project some graphics.
    Then we had a nice BBQ and after that went back in the tent.
    The rain started to pour down and didn't stop. All night it rained, heavy and then a bit less, and then very heavy.
    But that didn't stop us. The wind blew and turned and kept on turning. We built 2 tents to place our smoke machines. My hazer was in the middle in our tent, together with michels fazer.
    So 2 fog machines, a fazer and a hazer ;-)

Then we started playing. First Beyond, we even managed to play some QS shows to all projectors (syncing up the cosy 3,2,1 CLICK! method ;-)
    Later we switched to LD2000 and played the shows from there, we synced our playlists and started all 9 projectors from different laptops.
    Since not all laptops preloaded the shows after the first show some projectors were lagging behind. Instead of being chaotic this brought some very cool effects to the table.
    At first the 2 500mW greens from McCarrot and SRS were overpowering the colors. After adjusting into the air it was looking mighty fine!
    Then Rizard took a lot of pictures with his F1.8 lens, really cool stuff and we were able to zoom in at the nice pictures.

We also paused some cues from some terrific pictures. Really nice projecting over the pond that lies in front of the mansion and taking pictures from 30/40m away!

In the night people started leaving and in the end we broke up together, packed all our stuff and said goodbye to Rizard, McCarrot and SRS. Earlier Patrick and Mark had left for a Anime Convention in Belgium.
    Michel and i slept over in the beautiful mansion from 1623. Went to bed around 2.30AM after a long day of lasering , laughing and eating.
    At 9AM i got up and had a nice conversation with PJ's Mom (PJ was sound asleep). At 10AM Michel came to the kitchen and finally at around 11AM the star of the show, creator of 3D Animations, brandnew LEM organiser Master PJ arrived.
    Shirt inside out, sleep in his eyes he greeted us in a cranky voice: Goo-od Mo-orning ! Hahaha... we really had fun and finally at around noon Michel and i left for home.

It was a very wet, but very cool LEM as well. PJ's family was very kind, the whole family jumped in to help out, his Brother supplied us food from the BBQ, his mom made all kinds of tasty salads, his father arranged for the tent and truss and helped put up the huge scrim. PJ did a great job and together we had a lot of fun. THANKS PJ and Family !!!
    This LEM was really cool, and if you missed it, then you missed a helluva show at one of the nicest locations in the Netherlands.
    Pics will follow.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

that's an very accurate review hobbybob.
    One correction: change All patricks to mark and all Marks to patrick
    (Mark is youtakun)
    also about the raster.. the scanspeed was running at 52k
    these scanners might be laserworld but are excellent at raster scanning, these certainly should be considered made for this task.
    They hardly get warm while rasterscanning at 52kpps.
    Last edited by masterpj; 07-24-2011 at 03:47.

Hey guys. Thanks for a great (and wet) LEM.

Here some pic's:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4238.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	26108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4244.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	26109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4253.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	26110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4276.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	26111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4438.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	26112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4418.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	4.39 MB 
ID:	26113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4382.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	26114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4281.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	26115