Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I have plenty of LPC822,s so if you need those let me know. I have good results with them. I have build a quad red and that was nice and stable on 950mw after losses
    Thanks for the offer Johan but I would really prefer the extra boot of the 826s, always assuming the price is reasonable.

Any idea when the quad kits will be ready for shipping ?

Cheers

Not exactly sure but i can confirm that the manufacturing has started. They will be ready soon

Almost there guys!!! I have picked up the parts and i assembled one to show how it looks. I have to order some extra grubs so i think i can start with shipping. The topcover is an option but it sure makes a nice finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1090309.JPG  

P1090307.JPG  

P1090306.JPG  

P1090310.JPG  

P1090308.JPG  

Excellent! This is the last piece I need holding up my build.

This is great news Johan!

Do the lenses glue into the barrels or is there an internal thread and retaining ring?

I am still in UK for ten days at least so if they are ready you can ship to my London address.

Thanks!

Cheers

I have a few extra in stock but not many. Very happy with the quality from the metalshop. With the topcover its really a complete module. And its great because its flexible in use. Normally you buy a module and its not re-useable so when there are new reds available with this kit you can just swap the boards. If 500mw reds are available then you can swap the boards and build a 2 watter

I think that its allot better then invest in a red module and then suddenly find out that a manufacturer use 24 640nm diodes in a projector that cost half of your quad module.

Just imagine when green diodes are available

What is the beam exit height on these? It would be nice to get a mount of the proper thickness fabricated so I can get these modules integrated into my projector as quickly as possible.

The kit comes with a baseplate like this:
    Because the module has diodemounts you can set in height you can do the stacking of the beams at the height you want. Of course that,s within limits. I will measure the minimum and maximum height for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1090308.JPG  

P1090303.JPG  

Well, I finally got mine together and worked out the details on construction. All I can say is VERY NICE! It's very easy to align but took some fiddling with the mirrors to get the beam height and profile correct. I was able to get the output beam about 2X2mm and the divergence is awesome with the Optima lenses.

As for the numbers.... I was able to get over 1W @ 500mA per diode running a FM3 with 5VDC @ 2A. Not Bad! I could crank it up to 600mA per diode but the FM3 requires about 6V and I really like to run my diodes conservative.

I accidentally hit my fiberglass sink for about 30 seconds at about 20 feet, This will give you a better idea of the beam profile from the hole it made... LOL!

Here is the finished module. It will run rock stable for hours around 1,015mW +/- 3mW.

Enjoy!

Red face

Dammit man; I got four 826 diodes here that need a home just like that... but...