Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Dammit man; I got four 826 diodes here that need a home just like that... but...
    I know what you mean..... Man, this is the first laser I've built for myself in like 2 years. I got an extra kit coming. Maybe we can work "something" out, I owe you...

Hey Adam, did you use LPC815 or 826 diodes?

I got 1270mW @500mA per diode with G2 lens... Maybe your knife edge setup is cropping more beam than I have. 2x2mm is nice!!!!
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hey Adam, did you use LPC815 or 826 diodes?

I got 1270mW @500mA per diode with G2 lens... Maybe your knife edge setup is cropping more beam than I have. 2x2mm is nice!!!!
    Really?!?!?! That's interesting news. These are the LPC-826 diodes, the knife edging is clipping the beams but I'm using Optima lenses and dielectric mirrors. It could be that I'm loosing 200mW from the knife edging but those are impressive numbers. My module does make around 1.150W when I first turn it on but it roughly settles to 1W after the diode mounts are heat soaked. With that added to the equation, it's about right I guess. I like it tight.

I'm a little hesitant about going to 600mA but I may do it. My LPC-815's have been running happily in my projector outputting 225mW a piece for 2 years.

Adam, i must say i,m impressed with the quality of your build. I like the sollution with the balast resistors. The negative bridge wire is not needed because the brass block already is connecting the diodes together but you can never be to sure

A 2x2 beam with 1012mw is a very nice result!!! Both the 405g2 lens and the optima lens have a FL of 4 so the beam diameter is the same from 1 diode. Dnar has an higher output but that is with no clipping and the setup from adam has a 2x2 beam and with such a tight beam clipping is nessesary. Also cleaning the mirrors with First contact is will give some more power. I cleaned the mirrors with Purosol but cleaning the mirrors with first contact gives the maximum result. If the beam from adam after stacking is 3x3 or 3.5x3.5 you will see that the output increases.

Because the diodemounts are slidable you can stack the beams like how you want them. With no powerloss with stacking you get a beam of 3.8x3.8. It still fits your mirrors easily so i prefer that. But its just a matter of taste.

For people who want to experiment, you can mount the setup also directly on the baseplate with no tec in between. Rob stanwax tested one of my setups with the same mirrormounts and nothing moves even if things get warm. I also am curieus if there is power drop without tec after having it fired up for a few hours.

Great to see that we are now getting to a point where everyone can have a quad without worrying about allignment.

Finally all your hard work pays off Edison.
    Really like the review 300EVIL did there.
    Very cool, like the numbers, 2x2mm damn that's TIGHT !

Interested in what TEC you used ?

Excellent work, kudos to both 300EVIL and Edison !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Looking good, well done to you both.

I cant wait to start to build my pair

Then I can start to build my first RGB

Tony
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Well, I finally got mine together and worked out the details on construction. All I can say is VERY NICE! ...Enjoy!
    SWEET!
    Getting excited about the upgrade...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

still 2 housings for sale that are the same as 300evil and michelrietveld have so they fit this kit :

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ings-Picodrive

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I'm a little hesitant about going to 600mA but I may do it. My LPC-815's have been running happily in my projector outputting 225mW a piece for 2 years.
    Don't run them at 600mA!!! Did you not see my post a week ago, I soak tested 4 x LPC-826 24x7 @600mA. After around 800 hours, 3 of the 4 failed.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Almost there guys!!! I have picked up the parts and i assembled one to show how it looks. I have to order some extra grubs so i think i can start with shipping. The topcover is an option but it sure makes a nice finish.
    Hi Johan, have mine shipped already or do you have a pecking order for shipment ?

Cheers