Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

Adam didn,t respond to my Pm,s so i shipped them to Massivesound. That,s not what i had in mind but i thought that was best so it was in time for Selem. I shipped it last thuesday and he will send them to you. For people that are going to Selem you could send him a PM so that he can bring it with him. Because Massivesound was happy to help me and order the missing m2x6 screws he will get an extra quadkit. Although this will cost me quite a sum of money i,m happy that he was willing to help me out. I also donated a complete kit including cover and label to Selem for the best show

I know that i have a very black and white personality but i just had some bad luck with this groupbuy. The New version kits are in stock and ready to ship. If people want to order more i have a 4 left of this groupbuy.

Its already on the way to the USA

In my opinion the deliverytime is not that bad compared to this groupbuy

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ty-module-kits

That one started in june 2010. People are still waiting on that one.
    Last edited by edison; 08-08-2011 at 11:11.

The kits shipped on the 3rd, and the hardware will be here tomorrow from Mcmaster. I'll let everyone know when the kits arrive. I'll be able to either mail them or bring them with me to SELEM, whatever is easier for the recipients.

Edison, the kits look fantastic. Will there be anymore made available? and what was the final shipping price? I believe it changed a couple times.

Dear members of this groupbuy. To be clear and honest what is going on behind the scenes of this groupbuy i wil give an update:

I have shipped the box with all the kits to Massive sound. I have donated an extra kit to Brad and also included a complete kit for Selem as shown in the picture. A while ago before the shipment on thuesday i have send Adam a PM how many kits he counted and to check if my calculations where right. Now i also recieved a message from Robin:

I'll need my money back if the modules do not ship by Aug 1.

That message was sent at 24th of juli. Also people requested to ship them before Selem but i had some problems with the delivery of the screws. Now to get them to the USA and before Selem i contacted Brad and asked if he could forward all the kits instead of Adam. He was happy to help and i was so happy that i decided to give him an extra quad also for paying for the forwarding. Because there is an issue about the number of quads that Adam should recieve personally for this groupbuy and what he paid for he requested to brad if he could send his quad and take the one from SELEM to complete his order of 9 kits. He also wasn,t to happy about that brad would get a KIT only by forwarding only the KITS. I,m very happy with the organise of this groupbuy but to take the one of Brad ( Brad was very modest and willing to give his one up if nessesary) and the kit from SELEM is not what i had in mind. Adam and i can sort out the issue about the number of kits but i think everyone should recieve his KIT as promised. I asked Brad to forward all the kits so that everyone gets his kit. Now if there is a KIT that has to go
    to Adam first because of building agreements or something else let me know. I,m happy to pay the few extra bucks that are needed to get them from the real Owner to Adam again if needed. I just want to see that everyone gets his quad first. Some people go to Selem and you can also collect it from Brad at SELEM.

Now this situation and other issues like lenses being too expencive, the quad is to expencive, complaints about shipping (not reffered to you lary ;-) and other things have let me decide to stop selling the KITS. I have developed the kits for the reason that we as Hobbyists could afford a laser that could be upgraded in the future by swapping the diodes when available at higher powers. Most people thought that i,m selling the kits to make money. Now earning some money for it was a bennefit for the development of my own modules but that wasn,t the
    actual reason. I have job and make enough money during the day and so i decided to stop selling the KITS. Maybe someone else jumps in or copies my design who knows. I want to thank everyone for being so kind to buy stuff of me that supported me in the development process. I hope people have enjoyed seeing my developments.

Thanks guys!!!!

-Robin

@Cypher13
    I think he has a few left @ 200€ (more in $) plus shipping...... also he has different versions depending on what you want to build into it.

Best PM him for details he is often too busy to look at threads.

oops! stuck my foot in it again! .......Looks like he was on the thread instead of sleeping !

I think you caught him at a bad moment.... try him again in a few days or PM me if you have no luck!

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 08-10-2011 at 15:28. Reason: Johan butted in

All said and done, it just seems like too much hassle buying these kits from Johan.

I love the design, but as far as supply chain management, customer communications, delivery expectations and being commercially viable?

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    All said and done, it just seems like too much hassle buying these kits from Johan.

I love the design, but as far as supply chain management, customer communications, delivery expectations and being commercially viable?

He just needs some sleep is all !

You folks don't seem to realise that he is doing all this in a (for him) foreign language!

I too am pissed off about shipping cock-ups but the guy is knackered from overwork ... time to cut him a little slack I think.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    He just needs some sleep is all !

You folks don't seem to realise that he is doing all this in a (for him) foreign language!

I too am pissed off about shipping cock-ups but the guy is knackered from overwork ... time to cut him a little slack I think.

Cheers
    I hear ya and agree. I have every respect for Johan for communicating in a different language to his own, and for making amazing machines.

I am just making sure that the key issues relating to commerce (selling goods for profit) are not missed, because if Johan can deal with these, he is likely to be better received and more successful in future. Which I wish for him to be.

Last edited by taggalucci; 08-11-2011 at 00:29. Reason: Seems there's a double post problem affecting PL at the moment

There is a lot of drama behind the scenes on this deal. I have been caught in the middle of this situation by simply trying to help out a fellow member. The bottom line is that 300Evil and Edison disagree about how many kits 300Evil purchased. I have proposed that if they can agree on some kind of resolution before the package arrives here, I will forward the kits on to the buyers as Johan has asked. Otherwise the package will get shipped back to Edison and he can ship to Adam and the other buyers individually, however he sees fit. That's the only way I can keep from violating my agreement with Edison or pissing 300Evil off any more. I've urged the two of them to work it out as soon as possible. It's in everyone's best interest if there can be some kind of resolution on this, so everyone can get their kits quickly.